WR450F vs. YZ450F

What you guys think? I have a 2004 WR450F and it is absoulutly amazing, its fast, powerful, loud, and very comfortable all around amazing bike. I ride YZ450Fs and they just dont have the same feel as the WR, sure they are fast but it just doesnt seem like they have the tourqe to compensate for it they fish tail at any top gear speed and its annoying. But give me your thoughts on either WR or YZ, my vote goes to the WR. :ride:

What you guys think? I have a 2004 WR450F and it is absoulutly amazing, its fast, powerful, loud, and very comfortable all around amazing bike. I ride YZ450Fs and they just dont have the same feel as the WR, sure they are fast but it just doesnt seem like they have the tourqe to compensate for it they fish tail at any top gear speed and its annoying. But give me your thoughts on either WR or YZ, my vote goes to the WR. :ride:

they don't have the same feel because they are different bikes tuned for different purposes.

the yz's have plenty of torque, but they geared higher, which hides that a bit.

That "fishtailing" as you describe may be a traction problem caused by too much torque at higher rpms.

one is a race bike, one is a trail bike. If you were racing, even offroad, you'd like the yz better. Its a matter of preference.

your right, and my preference is to the WR, i have never liked YZs and i probably never will, but thats why they make more than one type of bike, they all have their purpose

I love my wr, then I started racing scrambles and enduro's. Then I didn't like it for that... at all! The engine revs slow and the gearing is wide, great for trail riding, but not so for racing.

I wish I could own a bunch of bikes. I have a trail bike, a race bike, now I need a 250 smoker just for fun. (I had one, but never should have sold it)

I like my mom's stationwagon. It's the best! Sure my friends Ferrari revs quicker but he can't haul all my friends to Burger King. His car SUCKS! All Ferrari's are inferior because when it rains and I floor it, it spins out. But not my mom's car! No Way! it's got traction CONTROL FOR DAYS!!! Did I mention that you Never see a Ferrari in the student pick-up lane at school. You know the place were your parents come get you and your friends when school lets out everyday. You know why? Because the Ferrari's can't hang with the stationwagons, 'cuz they SUCK ASS!!! I'm also pretty sure I was concieved in a stationwagon too...... during a showing of "Pretty Woman" at the drive-in. Try doing THAT in a Ferrari. NOT!!!! My preference is stationwagons - I will never like Ferrari's.

Have you guys ever raced against someone that is at "home" and just flat out smokes you? Needless to say, I have, me on an 02 YZ 426, him on a 97 XR 250 in deep sandy wide open woops....me 5th gear pinned and him pulling away from me:foul:! I think the rider has a bit to do with races! I love my WR in the tighter more technical woods, wish I had something lighter and more explosive in the desert.

It's ALL rider preference and what kind of riding you do. I race hare scrambles, but i hate the feel of a WR. They feel heavy and bulky, and the odometer and head/tail light does nothing for me. E-start isn't an issue with me either. (i'm a kid :ride:)

Why do people hate the lights so much? everyone i talk to says that the lights are dumb and why are they there. I like them, i would be dead right now if it wasnt for them haha. and i love the feel of the WR, the weight of them is perfect, and the width is even better, very comfortable for over 17 hours of riding in the Black Hills of South Dakota, thats where the headlights come in handy, and thats why im still alive haha.

You'll generally find the light haters to be the same as the electric starter removers: someone who is so worried about 5 lbs on their bike that they'll pull the best thing about a WR (the electric leg) yet they themselves have yet to skip a hearty bacon filled breakfast and are 35+ lbs overweight.

Not that I'm hatin', I myself am 30lbs overweight, but it kills me to hear people going to incredible lengths to shave off a half pound by removing lights, $250 batteries, pulling electric starts, etc. when the quickest, easiest, most beneficial weight you can loose off a dirtbike is yourself. And probably the greatest thing about the WR vs the YZ is the starter (the trannies are not all that different at the end of the day).

Lights are just fine, I like them as well on the trail. If you're racing, I get it, but some people just have too much time on their hands.

Mike