HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
downs807

2011 300xc-w throttle cable saftey wire?

7 posts in this topic

Well my cable broke yesterday while leading a hare scramble so how do I saftey wire it to keep this from happening? I've tried the search but all I've found is suggestions to do it but not a how to or where it needs to be wired. Mine broke right at the throttle housing on the bars.

Thanks,

I'm not sure if the 2011 is the same as the 2009, but on my '09 I replaced the stock cable with a longer one from motion pro and it routes much cleaner and no problems with it pulling apart like the stocker.

It broke right where the throttle goes in the throttle housing on the bars.

I replaced it with a motion pro and changed the routing a little, one thing I found is the way KTM routes the cables it makes the cable move a lot so I think that adds wear to the cable.

For the wire tire deal I used a zip tie to keep the cable from pulling out of the top of the carb where the black rubber sleave goes over the portion where the cable goes in. Kinda hard to explain :ride: I'll try and post a picture later. But this is the only place I can see where the cable could come out and maybe stick the throttle wide open.

It broke right where the throttle goes in the throttle housing on the bars.

I replaced it with a motion pro and changed the routing a little, one thing I found is the way KTM routes the cables it makes the cable move a lot so I think that adds wear to the cable.

For the wire tire deal I used a zip tie to keep the cable from pulling out of the top of the carb where the black rubber sleave goes over the portion where the cable goes in. Kinda hard to explain :ride: I'll try and post a picture later. But this is the only place I can see where the cable could come out and maybe stick the throttle wide open.

This has been covered in depth. The best thing you can do is buy the 4" longer Honda cable, route it in front of the bars, and behind the CDI to the carb. Makes a much cleaner route, then you can safety wire or zip tie the boot at the carb top.

The Honda part # is in a thread here somewhere. A search should bring it up.

This has been covered in depth. The best thing you can do is buy the 4" longer Honda cable, route it in front of the bars, and behind the CDI to the carb. Makes a much cleaner route, then you can safety wire or zip tie the boot at the carb top.

The Honda part # is in a thread here somewhere. A search should bring it up.

X2, I use a Honda cable from a 98 CR250.. But it fits many years..