HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benny_d

Lights On A YZ

2 posts in this topic

I do a lot of dune riding and am tired of not being able to use my 00 yz426f in the dark. I do not want them on all of the time, just when I am at the coast.

Has anyone added lights to their's? Are there wires that you can tap into for such a thing? I was thinking of getting ones that clamp on the handlebars.

Thanks,

Ben

You will need to add a lighting coil or lighting/stator to have lights. Some options would be: The E-line unit from BAJA designs (http://www.bajadesigns.com), an aftermarket lighting/stator coil (http://www.electrexusa.com) or WR lighting/stator with the addition of WR flywheel (not sure about this). I have the electrex coil and it is fine for me but it mearly functions to allow me to pass tech inspection for racing enduros. It is not powerful (40 watts)!!!

The e-line unit can generate the kind of power appropriate for dune riding but is considerably more money. It is not the best looking thing I have seen, but I have riding buddies with it and they are pleased. I have not seen anybody try the WR set-up but probably is costly and if you need to change to the WR flywheel it may not be to your liking.

Goodluck, Keith

[This message has been edited by kmcbride (edited 05-22-2001).]