YZ clutch compatibilty

Found a 2003 Wiseco performance clutch kit for a good price....will it fit in my 2006? I found most internet part suppliers don't have the best descriptions.

Between the two models you listed, the plates are the same, but the springs are different. This is more than likely a matter of spring rate rather than operating length, since the clutch boss, pressure plate and plate set are the same, so the springs should work, but may not have the right "feel" (they could be heavy and hard to pull).

Thank you sir. I suppose I could buy new springs for my year of bike if the 03's are too stiff......they pretty cheap and easy to find.

I went with a gytr clutch basket instead......price was too good to pass up and I have never been steered wrong by gytr yet. Made by Hinson from what I hear but I could be wrong.

Now, what clutch kit....I am thinking stock yamaha. I beat the crap out my clutch btw so anyone have a suggestion?

aftermarket HD springs.

I went with a gytr clutch basket instead......price was too good to pass up and I have never been steered wrong by gytr yet. Made by Hinson from what I hear but I could be wrong.

Now, what clutch kit....I am thinking stock yamaha. I beat the crap out my clutch btw so anyone have a suggestion?

OEM, Hinson, or GYT-R. Springs from the same sources.

I went with the GYTR kit....it was actually cheaper than oem go figure.

will a yz250f clutch interchange with the 2008 450?

You're kidding, right?

no, im not.. i haven't pulled the clutches out of my 450 yet, but i have a complete Hinson clutch setup from a 250f and was just wondering.

thanks for the sarcasm

thanks for the sarcasm

Any time. Hold one of your 250F plates up next to your 450's clutch cover. The two clutches are not even close to the same.