HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biggazzafaetherigs

yzf 450 2010 suspension??

5 posts in this topic

hi guy's,

i just got myself a 2010 yzf 450 and was looking to find what everbody is running on sag and on clickers??

i've had a search about and seen around 100mm race sag and 35mm static but would like to know if there's any magic numbers i need to be setting mine at

any advise much apreciated :smirk::ride:

For trails I'm running I think 19 clicks out (soft) on the compression, rebound is stock.

Shock is also almost all the way soft, forgot how many clicks out, but pretty much 1 less than full out I believe.

Works well for the trails. I weigh 205lbs without gear and the bike soaks up quite a bit of stuff.

sent mine to RG3 in NJ, and wow is all i can say:banana:

which package did you get?

I run a bit less sag than recommended, high speed compression is turned in about 1/4 turn, low speed is about middle and rebound just slow enough to handle pitching me off on big g-outs but it doesn't pack up. Weight is 170 pounds before gear, A level rider.

Front forks are raised about 4mm from stock.

On a related note, two of my rear linkage bearings were bone dry upon new-bike ride tear down. Others were just fine.