axle nut

ALL fasteners have torque values. Since you have an Owners' Handbook, then it should not be too difficult to refer to Chapter 2 under Torque Specifications and find the information that you require. Along with springing (this is American slang meaning "pay money") for the appropriate socket, you might "spring" for a metric ruler.

27mm is equivalent to an inch and 1/16th, or a 12" Crescent or adjustable will work just fine. If you have concerns about the torque then refer to the manual, most just tighten it pretty good. Remember you may have to remove it out in the woods, think Rocky Mountain ATV/MC has combination wrenches to fit front and rear axle nuts, or make one up yourself.

I know my 08 450 manual says to tighten rear axle nut to 125nm. not sure if earlier were different. Either way, as others have says - if you've got the manual it should tell you everything you need to know and more.

tighten all the way and put a good one and a half turns

i'm not to worried about the torque spec i know thats 90 ft lbs and i'm not to worried about getting it off on the trail i don't think getting it off will be a problem, And thanks for the size ill pick one up and see if it works :ride: