any info on 2012s?

"Maybe" is a lot more realistic. All of it is speculative at this point, and unless Yamaha has done a really goo job of hiding the whole project, no one has mentioned a redesign of the 250F coming down this year. Statements like...

the wr450fs will be fuel injected

...are far too prescient not to be challenged.

Why would Yamaha use a 450F inspired engine in a WR250 before a YZ250? I think someone did a heck of a photoshop job on that 2012 "WR250" personally.

yes i agree but they will be fuel injected in a few more years

That's like predicting that there will be brush fires and earthquakes in California this year.

There are alot of hopes and dreams in this thread :ride:

Time will tell, I can't wait to see a 250F fuel injected, if anything that will most likely be the only change to the entire line if money is an issue in Japan right now (earthquake).

I guess we'll find out here in about 3-4 months :lol:

That is a YZ450F engine in that "2012 WR250", I would think that if it were 200cc less that it would be a little smaller!

If they did nothing but fix the off idle jerkiness of the throttle response it would be a big improvement. Its really the only complaint I have with my 10.

we should know TOMORROW...correct?? A canadian posted a june8 release...all info SHOULD BE tomorrow!!!!!!

Do these bikes handle bad??

How do you guys like them? The reason I ask is..teams like JGR have custom shocks/linkages and whatnot on them and I hear that pro riders dont like this bike.

Whats the skinny for the average joes?

How do you guys like them? The reason I ask is..teams like JGR have custom shocks/linkages and whatnot on them and I hear that pro riders dont like this bike.

Are you talking about 2012's? If so... no one has tried them... as they aren't for sale yet man!?

I get what you are saying, but I'd say for most "average Joes" out there, any new bike is as good as the other. each brand I've ridden has a little different feel to it but I'd say for the average weekend warrior, after a day or so on any new bike they would get used to it and be pretty much the same speed on any of them. I do however think that rider preference has a lot to do with how you feel on the bike, me personally have never really liked the feel hondas but I have always liked the yamahas I've ridden, and my RM feels pretty close to what my yzf felt like as far as rider ergonomics goes. But I'd say all the bikes to us normal guys are all pretty close once we have them set up to our like so I guess it just comes down to picking a color

Are you talking about 2012's? If so... no one has tried them... as they aren't for sale yet man!?

According to these guys they are :ride::smirk::lol::smirk:

Seems nothing really exciting, although i am interested to see what people will think of the new power delivery characteristics and the new rear shock configuration

looks like I'll def get the 11, the only thing I'm interested in is the black wheels on the blue bike but I'll just get a white 11 and buy blue plastics, I'm planning on getting the suspension done anyway and I'm gonna buy the power tuner so I'll make my own maps or use some of the other recommended ones. Now it just comes down to either getting one before june is up for the 3.99% financing or wait until july and see how good the rebates on 11s will be. the 3.99%(along with $500 customer cash) is kinda hard to pass up since I dont have a choice but to finance. Now comes the task of finding a white one in WNC, East TN, or Upstate SC.