Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billsworld58

2003 WR450F Cylinder Head

7 posts in this topic

Just to make absolutely sure I am going down the right path, can someone confirm that a 2003 WR450F head is interchangeable with a 2005 YZ450F head. I have an '03 that needs a new head. I understand all the exhaust cam issues.

Thanks!!

Thank you grayracer513. GOD BLESS YOUR SON ON THIS MEMORIAL DAY, AND THANK YOU FOR HIS AND YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!

Thank you grayracer513. GOD BLESS YOUR SON ON THIS MEMORIAL DAY, AND THANK YOU FOR HIS AND YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!
Thank you for that. He and I both appreciate it. But we would like everyone to remember that Memorial Day is a remembrance for those who have fallen in the service of this nation, and while my son and his fellow Marines stand ready to make that sacrifice if necessary, the day the day does not rightly belong to him.

All gave some, some gave all.

Semper Fi

Is 2003 WR450F head is interchangeable with a 2005 WR450F head, or only with 2005 YZ450 head?

Depends on how much you want it to interchange with. It will fit the engine, but the '03 has no provision for any of the AIS air injection system.

I do not have AIS.

I will use 2005 head on my 2003 WR450. That was my idea because of oem head prices.

The 2005 inlet ports was also 9% smaller. Will this be noticeable in engine power?