HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ILOAD2

2008 wr450 flywheel machining-can it be done?

5 posts in this topic

Which location of the flywheel would I remove material from and how much?

Not adviseable. Better to get a flywheel made light instead. Why do you want to light the flywheel of a woods bike?

Not adviseable. Better to get a flywheel made light instead. Why do you want to light the flywheel of a woods bike?

Don't be mad at me-:smirk:

950-3.jpg

Why a WR then? YZ is a much better SM race bike. Flywheel is already lighter and GYTR offeres lighter ones.

Why a WR then? YZ is a much better SM race bike. Flywheel is already lighter and GYTR offeres lighter ones.

Well...I though the WR would be a better choice with the longer ratio gear box.

The WR is all I could get street legalized out here in California..If I would have bought a YZ I would have only been able to ride on tracks-I can ride my WR around the mountain roads behind my house and practice in between race weekends.

I am not doing Supermoto Stuff on it right now.

Roadracing in the AFM series with it- afmracing.org.Formula Singles and 250 Superbike.

I removed material off my little ttr125 flywheel back in '05 and I noticed a couple of company's offer +/- 6 Oz for the WR..Everything is 149.00$.Just though someone might have done a little modifying on an OEM piece and had some directions on which part of the wheel they shaved from..