what to flush with

what should i flush the engine with after i tap my oil drain hole? just to get the shavings out. thanks in advance!

lots of cheap oil.

what should i flush the engine with after i tap my oil drain hole? just to get the shavings out. thanks in advance!
Nothing. You should grease the tap and work slowly, cutting 2-3 threads, then backing out, cleaning and re-greasing the tap. When you're done, grease a cotton swab and reach past the whole to sweep for chips.

Which drain hole?

i would say use flushing oil and run a gallon straight in and out

gray its the main one, under my case

Left side under the ignition on an '06-'09?

Sorry, should of stated it in the beginning. Its for a 01 426f, under my engine.

Then what I suggested will work. After you have it cleaned up to what you think is a satisfactory level, you can pour some budget 5w-something through the timing plug hole with the drain plug removed, just for good measure.

Ok sweet thanks! Oh and I know its a little off topic but I was thinking of getting a newer 450f for single track/trails, Would a 450 even be suitable for that tight stuff? I like my 426 but its a little heavy and I would like something a little newer. I am 5'9 142 if that helps. Thanks!

A newer 450 will not be that much lighter. If you want a lighter bike for single track, get a 250 2 stroke :smirk:

I was thinking about that too but I am worried about them outlawing them :smirk: Although I do live in AZ where you can still make 2ts street legal :smirk: I dont know how i'd like the powerband hit in tight stuff either..

A newer 450 will not be that much lighter. If you want a lighter bike for single track, get a 250 2 stroke :smirk:

Ten pounds is that big a deal to you?

no sir :-)