Pro Circuit 143.5 link arm 2010 / 2011

I am using a 2007 WR450 link, which, dimensionally, is the same as the PC part. I had to change my sag to less, (130 to 105), slide my forks down (raising the front geometry) fom 10mm to 5mm above the clamp. The result was a bike that feels neutral going into corners, no wiggle, very stable, very "balanced"...?

I am using a 2007 WR450 link, which, dimensionally, is the same as the PC part. I had to change my sag to less, (130 to 105), slide my forks down (raising the front geometry) fom 10mm to 5mm above the clamp. The result was a bike that feels neutral going into corners, no wiggle, very stable, very "balanced"...?

Did the same thing. Love the results. My wallet does as well, paid 60 bucks vs. $200 for the PC link

Thats good feedback eazrider, they are the exact problems i am hoping to sort out.

How much does the link lower the bike when your sitting on it? Does the rear suspension bottom out easier with the link?
The WR link lowered my ride height at the seat by exactly 10mm. Changing the length of the link does NOT change other characteristics of the rear suspension, just the height of the rear (and corresponding fork angle)

I just got a bike from one of the MotoConcepts riders which has a factory GYTR 144.0 link. He said it is more suited for supercross and I may not like it for MX. Would going to the procircuit or wr link with only 0.5mm difference really matter?

I am using a 2007 WR450 link, which, dimensionally, is the same as the PC part. I had to change my sag to less, (130 to 105), slide my forks down (raising the front geometry) from 10mm to 5mm above the clamp. The result was a bike that feels neutral going into corners, no wiggle, very stable, very "balanced"...:ride:

So if you install a link that lowers your ride height by 25mm and you then decrease your sag by 25mm you are right back where you started. How then does the link help with stability entering a corner? You went from 10mm to 5 up front. Does that account for the perceived improvement?

I could see where the ability to soak up bumps would be affected, but I don't see where the change in the linkage helps with stability.

So if you install a link that lowers your ride height by 25mm and you then decrease your sag by 25mm you are right back where you started. How then does the link help with stability entering a corner? You went from 10mm to 5 up front. Does that account for the perceived improvement?

I could see where the ability to soak up bumps would be affected, but I don't see where the change in the linkage helps with stability.

Beats me, I'm not the smart guy on this subject, I just know it works well...:ride: