Pro Circuit 143.5 link arm 2010 / 2011

I have been reading some reviews of the pro circuit 143.5 link arm and decided to give it a run on my 2011 yz450f. Will get out and test it soon.

Is anyone else running this link? And what did you experience? Any changes, better or worse?

P1040919.jpg

P1040916.jpg

P1040920.jpg

I am using a 2007 WR450 link, which, dimensionally, is the same as the PC part. I had to change my sag to less, (130 to 105), slide my forks down (raising the front geometry) fom 10mm to 5mm above the clamp. The result was a bike that feels neutral going into corners, no wiggle, very stable, very "balanced"...:smirk:

I am using a 2007 WR450 link, which, dimensionally, is the same as the PC part. I had to change my sag to less, (130 to 105), slide my forks down (raising the front geometry) fom 10mm to 5mm above the clamp. The result was a bike that feels neutral going into corners, no wiggle, very stable, very "balanced"...:smirk:

Did the same thing. Love the results. My wallet does as well, paid 60 bucks vs. $200 for the PC link

That is awesome, I have not heard about the wr450 link. would have been a good option, the PC link is a little pricey.

Thats good feedback eazrider, they are the exact problems i am hoping to sort out.

How much does the link lower the bike when your sitting on it? Does the rear suspension bottom out easier with the link?

It is supposed to lower the rear end around 25mm, but the different rising rate will hold the shock in a different part of the stroke. so it should not bottom out easy. will see the difference when i hit the track.

How much does the link lower the bike when your sitting on it? Does the rear suspension bottom out easier with the link?
The WR link lowered my ride height at the seat by exactly 10mm. Changing the length of the link does NOT change other characteristics of the rear suspension, just the height of the rear (and corresponding fork angle)

I used a YZ250 2 stroke link and it works great

My 2010 is just a tad too tall, maybe a link like what you guys are using along with a good sag adjustment might lower it enough?..

thx for the info.

I just got a bike from one of the MotoConcepts riders which has a factory GYTR 144.0 link. He said it is more suited for supercross and I may not like it for MX. Would going to the procircuit or wr link with only 0.5mm difference really matter?

GE: I had the same thought, but it really does. Just think about what one click on he forks do, or 5mm in the clamps or just 2 or 3mm's of sag...all those small tiny things make a huge difference.

I see the DLC coated forks in your pics there MJ316, looks like you have put some serious money in your suspension huh!!!

what year wr link did you use?

Hate the 5 character reply limit

I see the DLC coated forks in your pics there MJ316, looks like you have put some serious money in your suspension huh!!!

Yeah mate, those forks cost me some big dollars so far.

How do you know what the linkage arm lengths are for different bikes? Would the linkage arm off a 2006 YZ450F be the same as the 2007 WR 450 (143.5)?

I am using a 2007 WR450 link, which, dimensionally, is the same as the PC part. I had to change my sag to less, (130 to 105), slide my forks down (raising the front geometry) from 10mm to 5mm above the clamp. The result was a bike that feels neutral going into corners, no wiggle, very stable, very "balanced"...:ride:

So if you install a link that lowers your ride height by 25mm and you then decrease your sag by 25mm you are right back where you started. How then does the link help with stability entering a corner? You went from 10mm to 5 up front. Does that account for the perceived improvement?

I could see where the ability to soak up bumps would be affected, but I don't see where the change in the linkage helps with stability.

So if you install a link that lowers your ride height by 25mm and you then decrease your sag by 25mm you are right back where you started. How then does the link help with stability entering a corner? You went from 10mm to 5 up front. Does that account for the perceived improvement?

I could see where the ability to soak up bumps would be affected, but I don't see where the change in the linkage helps with stability.

Beats me, I'm not the smart guy on this subject, I just know it works well...:ride: