03 yz450f won't kick start, hesitates on throttle

you might have a bad engine or a clogged carburetor main jets maybe or an electrical problem start with cleaning the carb to near new check the plug cap get a good look inside the engine for flying pieces of metal

are you serious? no metal in the oil/engine from what I see, and as stated I've cleaned the carb multiple times. The engine runs well it just wont kick start for some reason

you might have a bad engine or a clogged carburetor main jets maybe or an electrical problem start with cleaning the carb to near new check the plug cap get a good look inside the engine for flying pieces of metal

That's about the most wide open diagnosis I've ever seen lol. I.e "could be the engine, carb or electrical symptom"

YA THINK???? That's about everything there is :ride:

sorry its the oldest 450 out there so it must be rebuilt from the ground up even if its just not starting

sorry its the oldest 450 out there so it must be rebuilt from the ground up even if its just not starting

You're just full of good advice, aren't you? What if the '03 has under 40 hours use on it? Will it still need to be rebuilt from the ground up?