Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aaron_l

This may sound bad, but what the hell did I buy?

8 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a bike after being without for a couple years. I was told it was a 2000 YZ 426. There are a few things on it that I liked:

-oversized gas tank (looks like a factory piece to me)

-headlight (looks factory)

-skid plates

-Tag T2 bars

-brand new tires

Now that I'm looking the bike over, I am wondering did I actually buy a WR instead of a YZ? I can't find any labels on the frame that tell me the VIN or even what the bike is? The rear fender is straight like a MX bike. I can post or link some pics but I don't have them with me now. Can someone tell me where to look on the bike for the vin tag or something else to look for?

Thanks,

Aaron

VIN should be on the steering head, mine is on the right side somewhat hidden by the wiring harness.

With a headlight and bigger gas tank I'd have to say it's a WR. If it doesn't have a taillight see if there's wiring going back to feed one.

There are two wires not hooked to anything under the seat where the side number plate is.

Looks like a duck and walks like a duck!

FWIW my money is on it's a WR.

It's definately a WR400, but not sure now what year. The only label I found is the emissions label. It has a model code YAM5BF0400.

It's definately a WR400, but not sure now what year. The only label I found is the emissions label. It has a model code YAM5BF0400.

Are the radiators silver or black?

Silver = 00

Black = '98, '99

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the 00 model used the second gen FCR carb. Post up a pic of the rads and the carb and we should be able to help you out.

radiators are silver, I'll post a pic today sometime.

Thanks for all your help!