HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allupinsydeyou

twin pipes on 426

19 posts in this topic

im building a custom exhaust based off the crf250 dual pipes. anyone seen this before? my 426 is my supermoto and have always thought that it would be the most original thing ive seen to see a twin piped 426. any thoughts?

Well, it would be unusual, but it won't be a first.

Kind of a waste of time, money, and effort, plus the additional weight. There's no performance advantage.

weight wise i dont really care due to the fact if you have felt the stock exhaust vs. the pipes im using, it actually weighs less. ill measure for proof once completed and we will know. as far as performance not too worried about that. ive got everything possible done to this 426 other than exhaust so i figured why the hell not. ive never seen it so it would be fun. not to mention those cr's sound so nice when they are tuned right.

So It's clearly about "the look" and obviously not performance or weight based. So If that is what you want, go for it. I sure didn't like the twin look on the CRFs and even those old 510 and 610 huskies (think it was those)

I have seen pics around of twin piped yamahas around before..

What Cans are you going to use?

So It's clearly about "the look" and obviously not performance or weight based. So If that is what you want, go for it. I sure didn't like the twin look on the CRFs and even those old 510 and 610 huskies (think it was those)

I have seen pics around of twin piped yamahas around before..

What Cans are you going to use?

There was a guy who did a supermoto build on an 06-09 era 450F and installed "Devil" brand twin exhaust pipes. Can't think of his screen name or the thread right now...

im actually using a set of stock cr pipes for the mock up and overall design. then once its all finished and tacked together i may say screw it and go with some yosh or pro circuit mufflers.

oh im doin it either way Doc. i dont care about what other peoples opinions of my bike are... i like it and its mine hahaa. just seeing if anyone has seen it done before as i hve yet to see that. haha

2011-05-20_09-20-11_474.jpg

theres my girl hahaha

oh im doin it either way Doc. i dont care about what other peoples opinions of my bike are... i like it and its mine hahaa. just seeing if anyone has seen it done before as i hve yet to see that. haha

2011-05-20_09-20-11_474.jpg

theres my girl hahaha

I like the white plastic, nice bike!