twin pipes on 426

im building a custom exhaust based off the crf250 dual pipes. anyone seen this before? my 426 is my supermoto and have always thought that it would be the most original thing ive seen to see a twin piped 426. any thoughts?

Well, it would be unusual, but it won't be a first.

Kind of a waste of time, money, and effort, plus the additional weight. There's no performance advantage.

weight wise i dont really care due to the fact if you have felt the stock exhaust vs. the pipes im using, it actually weighs less. ill measure for proof once completed and we will know. as far as performance not too worried about that. ive got everything possible done to this 426 other than exhaust so i figured why the hell not. ive never seen it so it would be fun. not to mention those cr's sound so nice when they are tuned right.

upload a video when you are done i wanna hear it

So It's clearly about "the look" and obviously not performance or weight based. So If that is what you want, go for it. I sure didn't like the twin look on the CRFs and even those old 510 and 610 huskies (think it was those)

I have seen pics around of twin piped yamahas around before..

What Cans are you going to use?

So It's clearly about "the look" and obviously not performance or weight based. So If that is what you want, go for it. I sure didn't like the twin look on the CRFs and even those old 510 and 610 huskies (think it was those)

I have seen pics around of twin piped yamahas around before..

What Cans are you going to use?

There was a guy who did a supermoto build on an 06-09 era 450F and installed "Devil" brand twin exhaust pipes. Can't think of his screen name or the thread right now...

im actually using a set of stock cr pipes for the mock up and overall design. then once its all finished and tacked together i may say screw it and go with some yosh or pro circuit mufflers.

I dont care what people say. DO IT! Post lots a pics!

oh im doin it either way Doc. i dont care about what other peoples opinions of my bike are... i like it and its mine hahaa. just seeing if anyone has seen it done before as i hve yet to see that. haha

2011-05-20_09-20-11_474.jpg

theres my girl hahaha

2015_z.jpg

Here is the thread I referenced earlier. I couldn't see the pics in the thread but it might be due to the firewall on this computer.

wow thats sexy. the mufflers are a bit large but that is a pretty ****in bike!

oh im doin it either way Doc. i dont care about what other peoples opinions of my bike are... i like it and its mine hahaa. just seeing if anyone has seen it done before as i hve yet to see that. haha

2011-05-20_09-20-11_474.jpg

theres my girl hahaha

I like the white plastic, nice bike!

man the supermoto 06 09 yz450f is sweet

well it works amazingly.

sounds perfect.

2011-06-14_19-32-39_603.jpg

Looks cool.

Did you need a welder?

What kind of pipe was your single ?

well it works amazingly.

sounds perfect.

2011-06-14_19-32-39_603.jpg

Schweet!

thanks man. still hate the seat and its loud as shit if your behind me... but runs perfect still.