HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mxracer41

Eric Gorr

247 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give some props to Eric over at Forward Motion. Two weekends ago some idiot t-boned me right off the start of a race and busted my radiator. The only problem was I didn't notice that it was busted until I got back to the trailer after doing 5 race laps at budds creek and the bike bogged out and died :confused:. So I pulled off the cylinder and saw that the piston was completely fried and the cylinder plating was destroyed as well. Naturally I was pretty pissed since I was expecting to pay $180 for the cylinder replate plus a new piston kit. I sent the stuff off to Eric (he originally bored the cylinder to a 144) and he called me back a few days later and said that he would swap out the cylinder, re-update the porting and head machining, dissassemble/clean powervalves, etc., all for free! All I did was pay $150 for the new piston kit and $15 shipping! I reccomend him to anyone! Thanks Eric, your the man :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

Getting ready to send my cylinder off for the 144 soon. I keep hearing good things about him. Good customer service is definitely a huge plus these days.

Ive had 6 jugs and 2 full engines rebuilt from him over the years great guy. Nobody has a waranty like his.

He is an amazing guy. I wish he would write an autobiography as it woudl sell a million copies.

Hes more than qualified to be designing and building parts for the space shuttle, yet choose motorcycles.

How does he live???

Either he is loaded and doesn't need the money or he lives like a hermit.

Did the OP explain why he cooked the engine?I presume he did. I would feel guilty about doing the man out of money that he should have earned.

At least give him something.

They guy is an awesome guy!!! I will never have a bore done by anyone but him. His shop is in Madison, Wisconsin, I assume he lives in Madison or close by. He offers free re-honing for life on his cylinders so I guess he figured he would make the op happy and do it for free. I often wonder how he makes any money. I fried both my top and bottom end to pieces on my yz250 and he rebuilt the whole thing and bored it to a 295 for $1,000!!

I told him exactly what happened and how it happened.

How does he live???

Either he is loaded and doesn't need the money or he lives like a hermit.

Did the OP explain why he cooked the engine?I presume he did. I would feel guilty about doing the man out of money that he should have earned.

At least give him something.

Recieved my son's 295cc kit from EG yesterday. Got it installed today. All stock jetting for now on pump gas.

Son should be happy when he rides it. Waiting for his return from Afaganistan later this month.

Thanks Eric Gorr for such a quick turn around for him. I'm sure he appreciates it. I do. Thanks again!!!

1 person likes this

Recieved my son's 295cc kit from EG yesterday. Got it installed today. All stock jetting for now on pump gas.

Son should be happy when he rides it. Waiting for his return from Afaganistan later this month.

Thanks Eric Gorr for such a quick turn around for him. I'm sure he appreciates it. I do. Thanks again!!!

I'm glad he's coming back. Does he have any idea that your doing this?

I had eric do a complete rebuild on my 250 a couple years ago. He did everything, bottom end bearings, rebuilt crank, powervalves, honing, clutch basket mods, etc. the turn around Was quick and the quality was awesome.

The guy does some killer work, I'm waiting to grenade my topend to have him build me a 265 motor!

I'm glad he's coming back. Does he have any idea that your doing this?

thanks

yes, my son know's about the big bore kit. he actually requested i do this. i'm sure he is eager to get home and ride his bike again lol.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:lol:

I called Eric to give him a heads up that i was sending him a new head for my 295 that i wanted to run 91 octane, (already have 50/50 race head). He told me no problem, so i ask how much, he tells me free, free, nothing these days is free unless your dealing with the MAN Eric is the best.... Also informed him my middle power valve broke the end tab off, sold me new one plus i had the option of the type of power delivery i wanted.

X5 on Eric

He did a port job for me on my 1982 IT250 (I race vintage)

told him what I wanted, what I was doing (wanted to eat 1980-81 YZ250 for lunch and anything else off the line...but pull hard and smooth.

well I got her back and OMG this man is a flow and port GENIUS

last race I holeshot my over 50 class moto, and on my right a BUILT YZ465 and my left a 1983 CR480

they came by and said nice IT490 motor...

:cheers:

NOT

just a fluffy blue IT250 with a good helping of Eric's Magic.

He is the ONLY man that will touch any of my motors.

:):worthy::banghead:

I am sending him my 465 jug this winter for a build up to 500

and

hunting for a 2000+ YZ250 to build a woods bike around his 300 kit.

Eric rocks! :lol:

HR

Great to hear all of the good Eric stories. I've had my 295 for 1 year and I still grin ear to ear every time I ride. The engine is amazing :lol:

MAX!!!

Edited by 06yz

I haven't posted on here for a while but I happened to take a little peek tonight and saw this thread.

Eric has been nothing but great to deal with over the years (since about 2000) and really knows his stuff. I have always been impressed with his knowledge and fair prices. He is also a very talented writer.

He isn't perfect (who is?!?) but he does his best to make the customer happy. He has always done a great job for me and my friends & family.

He's been doing this for a long time and has gone through a few hardships along the way. I'm glad to see that's he's still at it, he must really love it. I think that his prices are almost a little too "fair" for the amount of work he performs.

:lol: Eric Gorr :)

1 person likes this