yzf 450 2010 running problem

AFAIK, the tuner will pull codes. It may be, however that the diagnostic tool has the ability to run tests on the system that the tuner can't. That is certainly true of the tester I used on GM cars for many years. It was far more powerful than a simple code reader, although just knowing the code is sometimes all you need, as it was in this particular case.

AFAIK, the tuner will pull codes. It may be, however that the diagnostic tool has the ability to run tests on the system that the tuner can't. That is certainly true of the tester I used on GM cars for many years. It was far more powerful than a simple code reader, although just knowing the code is sometimes all you need, as it was in this particular case.

neato, would love to see what this diagnostic tool looks like for the yammies and what it's capable of.

neato, would love to see what this diagnostic tool looks like for the yammies and what it's capable of.

I believe it is mentioned in the service manual that came with the bike.

I believe it is mentioned in the service manual that came with the bike.

908900318200.jpg

Your right, along with a part number. Looks pretty basic and also looks like it is used in quite a few other F.I. machines from yamaha. 200$

thanks for the tip, totally missed it.

The tuner will pull codes btw, so essentially it is an FI diagnostic tool of sorts.

Todds, do you know of a diagnostic tool other than the tuner? Curious to know what's out there. thx.

That be the one. Yes I use it for the raptor quad..a couple scooters the yz and a coupl others.
Correct and correct.