Fork Seals

I am replacing the fork seals on my WR450F. The manual says that once the first seal is off you should be able to work the inner tube in and out until the second seal comes out but its not budging. Anyone know how to get it out without scratching the inner tube?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Did you pull out the round clip that is between the oil seal and the dust seal?

Yep, I can see the second seal sitting about 1/4 or 3/8 inches in there.

You will have to pull the fork leg and the upper fork tube apart to get the bushings to break free. They should come apart after a couple swift pulls.

Got it, thanks.

No problem!

I hate cracking into stuff I know nothing about but that wasnt so bad. First one took a couple hours, second one was like 20 minutes. Isnt that always the way.

In case it helps someone else down the road I also found these YouTube videos linked from RockyMountainMC.com. I remembered when I was ordering the seals I saw the videos linked from the product page. Went back and reviewed things and it really helped answer some of the unknowns.

Pete

In case it helps someone else down the road I also found these YouTube videos linked from RockyMountainMC.com. I remembered when I was ordering the seals I saw the videos linked from the product page. Went back and reviewed things and it really helped answer some of the unknowns.

Yup, those are extremely helpful :thumbsup::confused: