Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NorCalRider

Another Thumpertalk Owner???

19 posts in this topic

That would be Brian Wilson. I have talked to him on many occassions, very nice guy. He is the person that got the store up and running.

Soooooo....

Did you make it up to Middle Creek/Elk Mountain last weekend Fryboy?

The other day I was browsing the Who's Online and noticed another TT Owner named Brian. Anyone know what this is about? Is this the original Brian that started TT but then decided he bit off more than he could chew??

I thought Bryan Bosch and Steve Claus were the only owners. Kinda feels like you just found out you have another father.

Anyone remember how it all went down?

Fryboy

Norcal,

We both rode Middle Creek last weekend. I met up with Dave on Sunday and we explored the Penny Pines area most of the day. He stayed the night and rode Monday as well. We both enjoyed riding the terrain in that area. I just got a little nervous after I found out that deer season had opened and noticed hunters stalking the woods. You never know where a stray bullet will go :)

The other day I was browsing the Who's Online and noticed another TT Owner named Brian. Anyone know what this is about? Is this the original Brian that started TT but then decided he bit off more than he could chew??

I thought Bryan Bosch and Steve Claus were the only owners. Kinda feels like you just found out you have another father.

Anyone remember how it all went down?

Fryboy

Hey Fryboy,

Yeah, Brian Wilson is the third-wheel here at TT. He is the brain behind offering the entire White Brothers catalog to you guys...all 25,000 parts! :)

Since Bryan Bosch and I still work full time at our "other" jobs, Brian Wilson has stepped-in and worked on TT full-time the past 4 months...we wouldn't be where we are today without him!

Hope this helps,

--Steve

That would be Brian Wilson. I have talked to him on many occassions, very nice guy. He is the person that got the store up and running.

Soooooo....

Did you make it up to Middle Creek/Elk Mountain last weekend Fryboy?

Hey Ben,

Yes I finally made it Middle Creek. I couldn't wait for you anymore :):D

I absolutely loved the place. The trails were sweeeeet!!! I think its my new favorite place. Me and Mike (Motomanfan) tore it up for a few hours. So when are you up for riding there with me?

Thanks for the info on the other Brian. I thought he was the original guy that started this forum.

Fryboy

Hey Fryboy,

Yeah, Brian Wilson is the third-wheel here at TT. He is the brain behind offering the entire White Brothers catalog to you guys...all 25,000 parts! :)

Since Bryan Bosch and I still work full time at our "other" jobs, Brian Wilson has stepped-in and worked on TT full-time the past 4 months...we wouldn't be where we are today without him!

Hope this helps,

--Steve

Thanks for the headsup Steve! And way to go Brian Wilson! You da man! You all are doing a great job with the enhancements to the best damn 4 stroke website in the world :D

Keep up the great work, oh and the T-shirts are sweet!

Fryboy

Thanks for the kudo's. We still have a long way to go, but we're working night and and day to get there.

Dave and Mike,

Where did you guys stage and what trails did you ride? And where did you stay overnight? One of the campgrounds I assume?

Not sure if you guys know this, but it's possible to ride to Stonyford from the eastern side of Penny Pines. But, you can't cheat and ride the fire roads (plus it's illegal), you gotta ride single track THE WHOLE WAY. Very long trip, and a oversized tank is recommended. One guy I know rode his CRF from Penny Pines to Goat Mountain on a stock tank but ran out about 100 yards from the truck on the way back.

Is this the original Brian that started TT but then decided he bit off more than he could chew??

Bryan H. did not bite off more than he could chew. He actually started this forum (WR400 ONLY) because nobody knew about this bike. Everyone was ga-ga over the YZF400, but nobody seemed to give a crap about the WR400, and it's serious (carb) issues.

Bryan had a LOT going on in his life, and decided it best to let someone else take the reins.

I had the extreme privelage to meet/ride with the guys that started this phenominal website (Bryan and Scott J.) at the first Moab trip!!

I DO KNOW Fryboy you meant no harm.

And I wholeheartily agree that Brian, Steve & Brian have done a SUPERB JOB for this website and forum. I honestly don't think that Bryan H. could have imagined his website to ever get this far!

I am VERY PROUD to be a part of this website!!! :):D :D :D

Dave and Mike,

Where did you guys stage and what trails did you ride? And where did you stay overnight? One of the campgrounds I assume?

Not sure if you guys know this, but it's possible to ride to Stonyford from the eastern side of Penny Pines. But, you can't cheat and ride the fire roads (plus it's illegal), you gotta ride single track THE WHOLE WAY. Very long trip, and a oversized tank is recommended. One guy I know rode his CRF from Penny Pines to Goat Mountain on a stock tank but ran out about 100 yards from the truck on the way back.

Dave camped at the Middle Creek Campground Sat. night. I met up with him on Sunday. We trailered the bikes to Penny Pines and staged there. I had heard that you could ride to Stony, but wasnt sure. Thanks for the great info.

You'll have to join us next time :)

Is this the original Brian that started TT but then decided he bit off more than he could chew??

Bryan H. did not bite off more than he could chew. He actually started this forum (WR400 ONLY) because nobody knew about this bike. Everyone was ga-ga over the YZF400, but nobody seemed to give a crap about the WR400, and it's serious (carb) issues.

Bryan had a LOT going on in his life, and decided it best to let someone else take the reins.

I had the extreme privelage to meet/ride with the guys that started this phenominal website (Bryan and Scott J.) at the first Moab trip!!

I DO KNOW Fryboy you meant no harm.

And I wholeheartily agree that Brian, Steve & Brian have done a SUPERB JOB for this website and forum. I honestly don't think that Bryan H. could have imagined his website to ever get this far!

I am VERY PROUD to be a part of this website!!! :D :D :):D

Kevin,

Thank you very much for the history lesson. I really meant nothing by saying Bryan H bit off more than he could chew. I figured it had to do with time constraints. I am very greatful for his initiative in getting this website started and wondered if he knew how big it has gotten and if he ever comes back around. I basically wanted to know our TT Family Tree.

I, too, am very proud to be a part of this site :D

Fryboy

fry boy, does middle creek have a web page?

Hi Shipe,

The only page I can find is this one: Lake Pillsbury

Contact the ranger station and they will send you a map for free.

Fryboy

Brian Wilson, your avtar shows numbers on the front plate. Are you racing desert or motocross here in Vegas?

Actually, I've been off from riding for almost a year now due to injuries but hope to be back in 2-3 months. But when I am racing, it's motocross. I haven't raced in Vegas in years, I just ride the speedway for pratice. I travel to SoCal once or twice a month to race.