HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carlcox89

Need new plastics and graphic kits

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

i've bought an Yamaha WR450 2007 and i'm needing two sets of plastic kits and two sets of graphic kits.

One graphic kit for the stock blue plastic and another graphic kit for a White plastic kit.

Any sugestions ?

I've already search things like flu design, FX, zero nine MX and dont like none.

Check out Acerbis for the plastic. You can buy the blue and white plastic from them. You will have to order the WR style rear fender from them as an individual part for both the blue and white colors, however. No one sells the stock headlight plastic in anything except blue. Buy the plastic headlight plastic from Yamaha and paint it white using paint made for plastic.

One Industries has nice graphics and so does Acerbis.

I actually got white plastics for my 07 WR450, but removed the lights also so I do have a YZ number plate and rear fender. I stuck the FX EVO 8 graphics on the white plastics, and I like them.

007.jpg

I actually got white plastics for my 07 WR450, but removed the lights also so I do have a YZ number plate and rear fender. I stuck the FX EVO 8 graphics on the white plastics, and I like them.

RichGuy can you post the complete kit mounted in the bike with FX EVO 8 graphics ? I'm starting to like that kit with the image you posted. :thumbsup:

@BajaFool, i didnt understand why i have to buy the rear fender in separate.

Carlcox89,

These are photos of my white 2008 WR450f. The Motoworld graphics were a gift from a dealer. It appears that they were made by Factory Effex. The other graphics are from various companies that I do business with and club decals. I like graphics from Acerbis , Factory Effex and One Industries. All of the white plastic came from Acerbis , including the WR style rear fender. The headlight plastic is the stock Yamaha blue plastic that I painted white.

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

Carlcox89,

These are photos of my white 2008 WR450f. The Motoworld graphics were a gift from a dealer. It appears that they were made by Factory Effex. The other graphics are from various companies that I do business with and club decals. I like graphics from Acerbis , Factory Effex and One Industries. All of the white plastic came from Acerbis , including the WR style rear fender. The headlight plastic is the stock Yamaha blue plastic that I painted white.

Looks very nice indeed.

For the white kit i've found this http://mxrockstar.com/img/2006-2009-yamaha-yz450f-2009-one-industries-white-camo-kit-yamaha_4221_500.jpg

i like that one, though i dont know if it's still available.

You also said :

You can buy the blue and white plastic from them. You will have to order the WR style rear fender from them as an individual part for both the blue and white colors, however.

but i've searched and at acerbis site the 'Plastic Kit Yamaha' includes:

front and rear fender, side panels and radiator scoops.

Why do i have to buy the rear in separate like you said, buddy?

Thanks

You also said :

but i've searched and at acerbis site the 'Plastic Kit Yamaha ' includes:

front and rear fender, side panels and radiator scoops.

Why do i have to buy the rear in separate like you said, buddy?Thanks

Because the all-in-one plastic kits come with the MX rear fender, not the WR specific one. If you want the WR rear fender, you need to buy that seperate.

Mike

Because the all-in-one plastic kits come with the MX rear fender, not the WR specific one. If you want the WR rear fender, you need to buy that seperate.

Mike

What's the difference between those two ?

i bought the Acerbis blue kit for my 07 and it came with the wr rear fender...and the taillight fit nice too.

Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

I'm going to buy the blue kit for now.

one more thing, the white kit comes with some black ? or is it all white ?

Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

I'm going to buy the blue kit for now.

one more thing, the white kit comes with some black ? or is it all white ?

im not sure about the white kit, but id think it would be all white, there is a bit of black on the side (number) plates where they tie into the air box and id assume they would all be that way.

What's the difference between those two ?

WR fender has a different shape and a built in taillight. Google images of a WR and a YZ and you'll see the difference. They are nothing alike visually, but will bolt up to one another.

i bought the Acerbis blue kit for my 07 and it came with the wr rear fender...and the taillight fit nice too.

Blue kit should come with the proper rear fender, but word is the white kit comes with the MX fender. A call or email to Acerbis should clear up any possible confusion or changes recently.

im not sure about the white kit, but id think it would be all white, there is a bit of black on the side (number) plates where they tie into the air box and id assume they would all be that way.

They will be all white. Only black is on the airbox. And on your stock fuel tank top.

Mike

Ok, the total cost is going to be 120€ with shipping to Portugal.

Is it too much ?

How much does it cost in the U. States?

I called Acerbis USA today and discussed this issue with Brian. The plastic kits for 2007 - 2011 WR450F's come with the WR style rear fender that will accept the original tail light and wiring.

This is the information from Acerbis USA:

BRAND YAMAHA

MODEL WR450F

PRODUCT PLASTICS

DESCRIPTION PLASTIC KITS

YEAR 07 - 11

COLOR WHITE

PART# 2106880002

RETAIL $ 129.95

Other information: Includes front fender, radiator shrouds, side panels and OEM style rear fender.

P.O. BOX 2030 SUN VALLEY, IDAHO 83353. OFFICE: 1-(800) 659-1440

I don't know anything about ordering from Acerbis if you are in Europe.

I called Acerbis USA today and discussed this issue with Brian. The plastic kits for 2007 - 2011 WR450F's come with the WR style rear fender that will accept the original tail light and wiring.

This is the information from Acerbis USA:

BRAND YAMAHA

MODEL WR450F

PRODUCT PLASTICS

DESCRIPTION PLASTIC KITS

YEAR 07 - 11

COLOR WHITE

PART# 2106880002

RETAIL $ 129.95

Other information: Includes front fender, radiator shrouds, side panels and OEM style rear fender.

P.O. BOX 2030 SUN VALLEY, IDAHO 83353. OFFICE: 1-(800) 659-1440

I don't know anything about ordering from Acerbis if you are in Europe.

Wow Baja, very grateful for this info :thumbsup:

And of course thank you all for the clarification.

Carl, sorry I do not have it all installed yet. I am in the middle of doing the SP Phase 4 upgrade and kickstarter gear replacement... Hope to have it going in about 2 weeks.

RichGuy can you post the complete kit mounted in the bike with FX EVO 8 graphics ? I'm starting to like that kit with the image you posted. :thumbsup:

@BajaFool, i didnt understand why i have to buy the rear fender in separate.

anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced rear fender sticker for a 2007 wr450? rmatvmc nor TT has them.

Whatever you do make sure you get the YZ front fender. It takes a little customization, but looks so much more aggressive than the blah stock fender.