*** Utah riders, Hobble Creek this Saturday ***

We love this ride, so we're doing it AGAIN ?.

Here are the directions and ride details:

Take the UT-77 exit, exit number 263 off I-15 towards MAPLETON/SPRINGVILLE. Go left off the interstate exit. Follow this road all the way to an unusual 3 way intersection. Turn right. You should be on Hobble Creek Drive. When you get to the mouth of the canyon, be sure to take the south fork (turn right). Here's the link to the map...

http://www.dsidata.net/hobblecreek.bmp

We will be about 8-10 miles up the canyon on the right side of the road. I'm driving a white dodge with a KTM in the back. Don't worry, there will be more than one blue bike there.

Should be a great ride, guessing around 40-50 miles (so many miles of unexplored terrain). See ya there.

Eric,

Sorry, I can not make it Sat. I am thinking about Friday morning instead. What's your thoughts ?

I have to take a group up to Scofield with about 15 ATV's and 12 Dirt bikes, should be fun! I have been trying to get Ken to go riding up Hobble Creek and I think Friday we will try it. ?

Eric,

Sorry, I can not make it Sat. I am thinking about Friday morning instead. What's your thoughts ?

I have to take a group up to Scofield with about 15 ATV's and 12 Dirt bikes, should be fun! I have been trying to get Ken to go riding up Hobble Creek and I think Friday we will try it. :D

Which friday are you talking about? This friday or the next (labor day weekend)? Both? :D?

Last call...

for those who can't get a kitchen pass or have to work, we'll have a moment of silence before the ride... might be a very short moment, my bike starts pretty quick ?

Everyone is welcome, chime in if you'd like to come.

Well I'm sure the ride would've been fun had my truck not died on me on the way down there. ? I hope it is a simple fix, I've already dumped way too much money into this thing trying to make it last a couple more years. I hope you guys had fun.

Doug

I'm sure it was a great time. I hope you guys didn't spend too much time waiting for me. I tried calling from the side of the freeway but all I had was Eric's work number. By the time my wife picked me up and I got home it was about 7:30. I got online to get Eric's cell number and called, since no one answered I guess you were out riding already. Sorry I couldn't get ahold of you guys sooner to let you know.

As for my truck, it sheared the distributor gear teeth. I bought a new distributor and had it running by noon. That's the good news. The bad news is I don't know what caused it to wear out so quickly. I just rebuilt the motor (Ford 460) 500 miles ago including new cam and distributor gear. ? It ate it like grape-nuts. Anyway, it's running. I guess I'll have to pull the distributor out and look at the gears every 50-100 miles or so to see how it is wearing. I'm hoping the machine shop pressed on a gear with an incompatible pitch and that the new one won't wear out like the old one.

Doug