HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slowrider

new chain

5 posts in this topic

I am going to replace my stock chain on 426 any good ideas? I am not concerned with weight, I just want a very good reliable, chain that will run for a long time. thanks in advanced.

I am of the low maintenance school so I always run a O-Ring chain. I have a Renthal setup now that is great.

------------------

SHN

99'YZ-400 (Mine)

00' TT-R 125 (Hers)

91' KX-125 (Son #1)

93' CR-80 (Just sold it. Looking for another TTR125 for Son #2)

99' PW-80 (Son #3)

Slowrider, buy the O-Ring or X-ring unless you love adjusting chain slack all the time.

Also, you will get a lot more life out of the chain.

<FONT COLOR="navy"> If you're racing and only racing, I would buy a quality chain (D.I.D., Renthal , Regina, etc.) without O Rings or X-rings. With an O ring/X ring chain you end up losing a minute amount of power that you may benifit from if racing. Otherwise, I would recommend any O ring or X ring chain, they last much longer and do not need to be adjusted as often as a standard chain. I run O ring chains because of the wear/adjustment factor.</FONT>

------------------

~~~~~YaMaHaFoUrTwOsIx~~~~~

I love doing maintenance, but I still believe in o-ring chains. I'm currently using a D.I.D. x-ring and love it. Very low drag. You really can't go wrong with any of the top brands of o-ring chains. D.I.D., Renthal , Regina, etc... My 02 scents!

------------------

00 YZ426F

01 TT-R125L (my son's)

91 CR125

83 YZ490

74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)