Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kawi380

New Pegs

7 posts in this topic

I need to get some new foot pegs on my 08wr450f. Any recommendations? Anyone have any stock pegs they don't want anymore?

In case you're wondering I went way up in the air and came back down on a huge rock. My left peg is mangled pretty bad and I fear if I ride on it, it will break.:thumbsup:

Pivot pegs look cool. Has anybody tried them. That seems like it would be weird for a while.

I run them on my 400 and 450. I recently sheared the left PivotPegz off on my 400 when I got too close to the side of a canyon wall on a narrow single track. I guess the grazing angle was just right and it snapped cleanly off instead of just folding up. I've lost confidence in them and they are coming off both my bikes.

I lost a foot peg once on my kx500 wide open in a H&H race and almost died. It sure was a long ride back to the truck with no left peg. I love the stock pegs and would get another pair if I could find some.

So, NO on the pivot pegs.

Run them on all my bikes and enjoy them. Helps with everything from hillclimbing to seated braking and weighting of the outside peg. Have not rode them in super nasty mud so I don't know if they'll be like sticks of butter.

Pivot pegs look cool. Has anybody tried them. That seems like it would be weird for a while.