Cycra handguards

I have a 2007 WR450F with Protaper CR Hi Bend bars. I want to use the Cycra triple clamp mount but have never seen them actually mounted. Does anyone have a picture they can post of the mounting bracket installed on the triple clamps?

I had very poor experiences with the side mounts as they bend very easily from a side impact like dropping the bike. I had them on my 03 and 04 WR's and now the KTM. I switched over to the handlebar mounts and find they are much stronger.

I have them on my bike. They lasted forever, and one only bent due to a massive highside from 45mph or so.

Not sure if this picture is adequate:

65746_484696467616_526562616_6130360_7528037_n.jpg

Here is what my triples look like:

65796_481128302616_526562616_6084276_6990876_n.jpg

It's an emig racing top triple!

Those are probably way gnarlier than my cycras.

Those are okay... but I find the stands for the rubber mounts tend to be prone to bending already. By getting the triple tree mounts you alleviate some of that potential stress!

I run a solid mount top triple though. Much nicer!

I had very poor experiences with the side mounts as they bend very easily from a side impact like dropping the bike. I had them on my 03 and 04 WR's and now the KTM. I switched over to the handlebar mounts and find they are much stronger.

This is exactly the same experience I have had. I would encourage you to get the Handlebar mount or some type of mount that interfaces with the top handlebar clamps.

Since I have a Scott's Sub Mount other problems were created like the high mounting position of the handlebars relative to the triple clamp pulls the hangguards down when tightened exposing my knuckles to Stuff!

This is exactly the same experience I have had. I would encourage you to get the Handlebar mount or some type of mount that interfaces with the top handlebar clamps.

Since I have a Scott's Sub Mount other problems were created like the high mounting position of the handlebars relative to the triple clamp pulls the hangguards down when tightened exposing my knuckles to Stuff!

+1. I had the same problems with the triple clamp mount. I even had a custom set of tall triple clamp mounts made to work with the submount and CR hi bars. There's still a pic of them in my garage. I bent lots of those before switching to bar mounts and haven't had a problem since.

I also tried the bike bonz, but they came way short of the handguards. :thumbsup: They looked pretty cool. Maybe if my bars were 2" narrower?

I have a set of the triple clamp mounts on my 2002 WR. I've had them forever and they work great. Not sure if they've been updated over the years, but mine work just fine. As an FYI-I had to buy longer bolts for the upper triple clamps. Home Depot had them pretty inexpensively.

so far i have not been able to bend my cycra's with the CRM mount. you might check that out, they are incredibly strong. I had a pretty good slam on them last time out, enough that everything was tweaked in their mounts and the gaurds didn't rotate or bend. The hit was taken mostly by the bars, however, the bars were not bent but they were twisted in the mounts which made for an interesting ride to the truck.