fixing a bent header?

I used o2/acetaline

and it does get verrrrry hot

just b carefull with the pressure.

we tried propane and it just did not get hot enuf.

I have a Noleen header and my freind that this jig belongs to has the T-4 setup front to rear.

Yes I think that they are thicker by quite a bit.

Maybe just needs to be hotter with less air psi.

We used between 75psi and 80psi

[This message has been edited by g4racing (edited 05-18-2001).]

Well that makes sense, thats what I was thinking was it wasnt hot enough! Since Acetiline is much more expensive we will be going to a welding shop with our jig tomorrow to get it straightened out. Thanks for your help!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

Well my header turned out awesome...it is no longer a HUGE crease but now a little line. Another 10 more mins and I could have gotten it perfect, but I didnt want to use all of my friends oxyacetiline (even though it was a very large tank)! I used about 60-70 PSI of pressure in my header and it worked great, it took a total of 20 mins! Man that stuff burns hot, I was wearing welding gloves and it still was like an oven ,it also was in a hot barn (gotta love the TX weather right? LOL)

I think as long as you keep the bead of the flame (the neon blue tip) about 4 inches away from the header at all times and move it around alot...it will not blow a hole in your header! Well I appreciate all your tips and suggestions! Thanks,

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

Just to let you guys know I put up a procedure and pics on how to fix your header on my website! Click HERE to goto the "how to fix your header page" just letting you guys know, there is a lot of new guys on this BBoard and they may have this problem too! Later,

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 426!

Motoman393's MX Site

i have a 98 400f with a fmf header and pipe. I had exhaust works fix my smashed header it took only a day and you can't even tell it was ever bent or smashed. The best part was there was no discoloration.

I highly suggest trying him.