Newbie question - Clutch Cut out switch WR450f

I am coming to this forum from the Suzuki DRZ forum where it is well documented about the clutch cut out safety switch and disconnecting it. I can't find a similar thread here. Is there any pro or con to removing the wire from the stock clutch perch on a 2007 WR450f? This is on a CA bike if that makes a difference. Stupid lawyers getting involved in my safety again. If I start the bike in gear with the clutch out I deserve what happens....?

True, but what if you or someone else bumps the starter accidentally, or, like my buddy who turned the handlebars on his CBR while it was parked and his tankbag hit the starter? If the sidestand switch had not been there his bike would have dropped. Just because it's a "safety" feature, don't get all gotta be a cool-kid on it.

Anyway, there are not as many reports of failures on here as there were on the KLR and DR forums like when I had my KLR but the concept is the same for bypassing it: switch works in the pushed in position so duplicate that on your bypass. Use a multimeter set to continuity to verify it's a shorting switch and not an opening switch (think it's a shorting switch) and go from there.

Personally I think all this "I don't want the gov't mandated stuff on my bike" thinking is kind of ignorant unless it poses a direct issue like EPA jetting. But removal of safety switches and AIS stuff just because is pretty petty in my humble opinion.

Just hope no one sits on your bike for whatever reason and hits the starter while in gear. I know, it's a dirt bike, but still.

Edited by miweber929

True, but what if you or someone else bumps the starter accidentally, or, like my buddy who turned the handlebars on his CBR while it was parked and his tankbag hit the starter? If the sidestand switch had not been there his bike would have dropped. Just because it's a "safety" feature, don't get all gotta be a cool-kid on it.

But removal of safety switches and AIS stuff just because is pretty petty in my humble opinion.

Just hope no one sits on your bike for whatever reason and hits the starter while in gear. I know, it's a dirt bike, but still.

These bikes still have a neutral switch and a IGN on off feature it shouldn't be a problem. With someone hitting the button that is.

The switch establishes completes a system so if you solder the wires together then wrap the wires up there won't an issue with the bike operating. But someone correct me if wrong I think that the neutral safety switch would have to think that it is in neutral also to be able to start while in gear. from a stall while moving??

Edited by sledtrash

These bikes still have a neutral switch and a IGN on off feature it shouldn't be a problem. With someone hitting the button that is.

The switch establishes completes a system so if you solder the wires together then wrap the wires up there won't an issue with the bike operating. But someone correct me if wrong I think that the neutral safety switch would have to think that it is in neutral also to be able to start while in gear. from a stall while moving??

Nevermind I am wrong.

WR450SwitchDiagram.jpg

So if one is fulfilled the other will work... so as long as the Ign switch is off, or if you have installed a key. Hey that will replace the weight lost from the wiring. And add .33 hp ?