Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gawarrior

Removing the throttle stop?

6 posts in this topic

I just bought a new WR426F today. Could someone tell about the "free" power upgrades? I know about removing the airbox lid. How do you remove the throttle stop? And what about the exhaust? What can I do with the stock exhaust to make it better?

gawarrior,

You don't want to remove the throttle stop, just grind it down about 18mm. As for the exhaust , pull out the innards "uncorking" it, and then buy a promoto billet endcap and spark arrestor so your are legal and less noisy. I think you can search this site for the other free mods including the gray wire and such.

Good Luck :)

Go to MotoMan393's page on the home page of TT, there you will find instructions on the BK/GB mod', YZ timing mod' etc. Most important mod's initially will involve getting it to breathe by removing the airbox lid and opening up the exhaust which you have already mentioned. A YZ muffler bolts straight on, though may be too noisy for where you ride? Re-jetting will probably be necessary after the mod's. HTH :)

gawarrior,

head over to the WR/YZ250F FAQ, there are a lot of hints and tips there that are also applicable to your WR426F as well.

http://www.thumperfaq.com/

at the least you can use the pictures there to figure out where the throttle stop is.

also see my page here:

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/wr-throttlestop/

note that the 250F and 426F probably have different throttle stop lengths -- but you can figure out how long yours needs to be by looking at the slide open through the carb intake.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f