HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grayracer513

Happy YZF Day

20 posts in this topic

I realy loved my 426, powerful, very reliable, and alot of fun to ride :thumbsup: I realy miss that old tank.... until I look in the garage and see the 10:ride:

I realy loved my 426, powerful, very reliable, and alot of fun to ride :thumbsup: I realy miss that old tank.... until I look in the garage and see the 10:ride:
And, you forgot to mention...."Easy to start"..:thumbsup:

I wondered why I had a hard time 'getting started' today.

Actually, now that I have the Hot Cams , I don't have that issue anymore. :thumbsup:

:bonk: Yeah, but actualy mine was easy to start, granted I had to do the "procedure" which I dont miss, but you learn that pretty quick and it seemed normal back then :cheers: not anymore :thumbsup:

OK, but as a Mopar guy, you know that the Wedge came first:

Fury.jpg

nice wedge...... i would take that in a heartbeat..

4 speed it was, too.

yep... Hot rod.. a buddy of mine has a 440 pistol grip 4 speed roadrunner... it is a blast..

This is all wildly off topic, obviously, but one of the car projects I got involved with was a '72 Maverick that we shoehorned a 429CJ/C6 into (not the SCJ hemi, but it did have the big port CJ heads. We had to cut into the spring/shock towers for clearance. Not normally a Ford fan, but that was a very cool little car.

BTW, did you know that the lead designer of the Cleveland and the 429/460 was a former Chevy engineer from the 396 project? :thumbsup::thumbsup::smirk:

no i did not know that... not really a ford guy either, but one of the guys in hs had a 69 merc montego mx that he stuffed a 429 in.. had a factory tach in it that would come off the peg when it shifted, but other than that it was pegged out.. i grew up in a town with literally less than 800 population.. in that town was .. a six pack gtx..a 440 gtx.. this montego mx, a bad fast cougar, a couple of fast mustangs, a v8 monza, and a rotary mazda rx3 that would shoot flames out the back. a v8 javelin, a v8 colt. fun little town...

back kinda on topic... rumor i always read the 426 designer guys were old mopar gear heads ??

No joke mine IS easy to start... all the time. Even after a fall! :cheers: I love her so... :thumbsup:

This is all wildly off topic, obviously, but one of the car projects I got involved with was a '72 Maverick that we shoehorned a 429CJ/C6 into (not the SCJ hemi, but it did have the big port CJ heads. We had to cut into the spring/shock towers for clearance. Not normally a Ford fan, but that was a very cool little car.

BTW, did you know that the lead designer of the Cleveland and the 429/460 was a former Chevy engineer from the 396 project? :moon::p:smirk:

Sorry to continue on wildly off-topic here, but..... :busted:

No, that's a total surprise to me that a Chevy engineer was the mastermind of the Cleveland..... :confused: I just knew those engines had ports that allowed them to breathe, and they ran pretty good.....

Hmmm. I wonder how many guys here can even remember Mavericks, Clevelands, & C6s? You're gettin' old, Gray..... :smirk: Seriously, that does indeed sound like a very cool project. :thumbsup:

And though I'm a self proclaimed Ford guy, I've never been afraid to go with what I could afford, or what worked best for my needs (like my '68 El Camino I had)..... I also have a WHOLE LOTTA respect for Zora Duntov..... :worthy: I'd consider him the John Moses Browning of auto engineers.....

Jimmie

I'd consider (Zora Duntov) the John Moses Browning of auto engineers.....

That would be an apt analogy :thumbsup:

Him, and Charles "Boss" Kettering, the man who said "Parts left out of a design cost nothing and create no service problems". (sort of the original K.I.S.S.)

OK, but as a Mopar guy, you know that the Wedge came first:

Fury.jpg

Why of course. Gotta long tube cross-ram hangin' on the wall as a matter of fact. There's a 413 buried around here somewhere as well.

Gotta long tube cross-ram hangin' on the wall as a matter of fact. There's a 413 buried around here somewhere as well.

OMG :thumbsup: