Happy YZF Day

It's 4-26, my friends! :thumbsup:

yep... sure is...

Hahaha Grey,good one... BIG THUMBS UP :thumbsup:)

I realy loved my 426, powerful, very reliable, and alot of fun to ride :thumbsup: I realy miss that old tank.... until I look in the garage and see the 10:ride:

I realy loved my 426, powerful, very reliable, and alot of fun to ride :thumbsup: I realy miss that old tank.... until I look in the garage and see the 10:ride:
And, you forgot to mention...."Easy to start"..:thumbsup:

I wondered why I had a hard time 'getting started' today.

Actually, now that I have the Hot Cams, I don't have that issue anymore. :thumbsup:

:bonk: Yeah, but actualy mine was easy to start, granted I had to do the "procedure" which I dont miss, but you learn that pretty quick and it seemed normal back then :cheers: not anymore :thumbsup:

As a Mopar guy, I have to recognize it as "Hemi Day".

OK, but as a Mopar guy, you know that the Wedge came first:

Fury.jpg

Fury.jpg

nice wedge...... i would take that in a heartbeat..

nice wedge...... i would take that in a heartbeat..
4 speed it was, too.
4 speed it was, too.

yep... Hot rod.. a buddy of mine has a 440 pistol grip 4 speed roadrunner... it is a blast..

Ford Guy here..... I like the 4/29s...... I'll celebrate wildly tomorrow.... :thumbsup:

Jimmie

This is all wildly off topic, obviously, but one of the car projects I got involved with was a '72 Maverick that we shoehorned a 429CJ/C6 into (not the SCJ hemi, but it did have the big port CJ heads. We had to cut into the spring/shock towers for clearance. Not normally a Ford fan, but that was a very cool little car.

BTW, did you know that the lead designer of the Cleveland and the 429/460 was a former Chevy engineer from the 396 project? :thumbsup::thumbsup::smirk:

no i did not know that... not really a ford guy either, but one of the guys in hs had a 69 merc montego mx that he stuffed a 429 in.. had a factory tach in it that would come off the peg when it shifted, but other than that it was pegged out.. i grew up in a town with literally less than 800 population.. in that town was .. a six pack gtx..a 440 gtx.. this montego mx, a bad fast cougar, a couple of fast mustangs, a v8 monza, and a rotary mazda rx3 that would shoot flames out the back. a v8 javelin, a v8 colt. fun little town...

back kinda on topic... rumor i always read the 426 designer guys were old mopar gear heads ??

No joke mine IS easy to start... all the time. Even after a fall! :cheers: I love her so... :thumbsup:

This is all wildly off topic, obviously, but one of the car projects I got involved with was a '72 Maverick that we shoehorned a 429CJ/C6 into (not the SCJ hemi, but it did have the big port CJ heads. We had to cut into the spring/shock towers for clearance. Not normally a Ford fan, but that was a very cool little car.

BTW, did you know that the lead designer of the Cleveland and the 429/460 was a former Chevy engineer from the 396 project? :moon::p:smirk:

Sorry to continue on wildly off-topic here, but..... :busted:

No, that's a total surprise to me that a Chevy engineer was the mastermind of the Cleveland..... :confused: I just knew those engines had ports that allowed them to breathe, and they ran pretty good.....

Hmmm. I wonder how many guys here can even remember Mavericks, Clevelands, & C6s? You're gettin' old, Gray..... :smirk: Seriously, that does indeed sound like a very cool project. :thumbsup:

And though I'm a self proclaimed Ford guy, I've never been afraid to go with what I could afford, or what worked best for my needs (like my '68 El Camino I had)..... I also have a WHOLE LOTTA respect for Zora Duntov..... :worthy: I'd consider him the John Moses Browning of auto engineers.....

Jimmie

I'd consider (Zora Duntov) the John Moses Browning of auto engineers.....

That would be an apt analogy :thumbsup:

Him, and Charles "Boss" Kettering, the man who said "Parts left out of a design cost nothing and create no service problems". (sort of the original K.I.S.S.)

Fury.jpg

Why of course. Gotta long tube cross-ram hangin' on the wall as a matter of fact. There's a 413 buried around here somewhere as well.

Gotta long tube cross-ram hangin' on the wall as a matter of fact. There's a 413 buried around here somewhere as well.

OMG :thumbsup: