Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husky390or

Stupid Hour Meter Question

10 posts in this topic

I feel like a moron posting this but my hour meter quit working after .7 hours. I checked to make sure the wire was fully inserted in the meter, it was, and now I'm not sure where to go next.

When I wrapped the wire around the spark plug wires, I pulled the rubber sleeve back and then let it bunch up against the meter wire. Can I just wrap the meter wire around the sleeve and the plug wires? Thanks for the help.

Wrap the hour meter wire around the top of the coil itself right where it sticks up above the valve cover.

This may sound dumb but is the display on or will it just not register anything? I had one that to watch batteries and when it got low the screen would dim and it wouldnt register anything any more. I forget what brand it was but something to check.

This may sound dumb but is the display on or will it just not register anything? I had one that to watch batteries and when it got low the screen would dim and it wouldnt register anything any more. I forget what brand it was but something to check.

The OP has the pick-up wire wound around the wires going into the coil (around the wiring harness side of the plastic connection), which will give you an intermittent reading - coming from first hand experience. The pick-up wire has to be wound around the rubber boot, just above the flange on the coil.

The OP has the pick-up wire wound around the wires going into the coil (around the wiring harness side of the plastic connection), which will give you an intermittent reading - coming from first hand experience. The pick-up wire has to be wound around the rubber boot, just above the flange on the coil.

Good to know never had that issue or did and didnt realize it. Thanks for the tip

Good to know never had that issue or did and didnt realize it. Thanks for the tip

Hey, that's what were here for ! I'd done the exact same thing a year ago, and found out why my hour meter wasn't picking up exact runtime.

Thanks for the tips guy's. I'll give your suggestion a try.

Let us know how it works, keep in mind you have to run it around the coil 2 or 3 times to get it to work properly.

:thumbsup: