Newbie question - Throttle Stop on 2007 WR450f

I just bought my first blue bike:banana: and have a "stupid" question about the stock throttle stop. As far as I can tell my 2007 WR450F is completely stock (still has AIS, pea shooter, and gray wire intact) and I suppose it still has the throttle stop. Question is with the throttle stop in place can you tell by turning the throttle with the engine off? Does the throttle only go half way or does it go all the way and the slide only goes half way? I have not ridden the bike yet as I want to do some basic maintenance (oil change, grease all fittings, set up suspension, etc) before I jump on it and ride because I know once I get on it I will forgo the maintenance and just ride.:thumbsup:

Edited by pschiess
correct spelling

The throttle stop limits the amount the slide opens. So yes you will be able to tell if the throttle stop is still there. The throttle will only twist about half of normal.

Interesting. The PO did nothing else to the bike but the throttle twists all the way. I guess I will know more once I actually ride the bike. At least now I know I do not need to do the throttle stop.

my wr is 100% stock and the throttle twists the exact same amount as my neighbor's 2008 yz450. nothing halfway about it. and yes, it really is 100% stock before anybody asks.

my wr is 100% stock and the throttle twists the exact same amount as my neighbor's 2008 yz450. nothing halfway about it. and yes, it really is 100% stock before anybody asks.

So you were the one to pull it out of the crate and assemble it? Just saying, unless you actually set it up you don't know. And is the YZ stock as well? Sure it doesn't have an adjustable throttle cam in it? YZ to WR isn't always apples to apples.

Some dealers will do certain things when they set the bike up. The PO of my 04 said the dealer did do the throttle stop and some jetting before he picked it up but not the grey wire or exhaust.

It all depends on the shop setting it up out of the crate but most do nothing and yes, it's a shorter pull.

Mike

When I got mine it was stock with full throttle(dealer removed it) everything else was still on.

Only one way to check for sure. Pull out the throttle stop screw.....! Good luck getting to it on the Al Framed '07.

Open her up in 5th and see if you can go faster than 60mph. If not then it is still there, but I really think it is already gone.

Hopper show, the dealer you got it from already removed it. The bolt actually limits the amount of rotation of the pulley that is coupled to the slide.

Only one way to check for sure. Pull out the throttle stop screw.....! Good luck getting to it on the Al Framed '07.

Open her up in 5th and see if you can go faster than 60mph. If not then it is still there, but I really think it is already gone.

Hopper show, the dealer you got it from already removed it. The bolt actually limits the amount of rotation of the pulley that is coupled to the slide.

Or, you could just pull the throttle stop out and measure it.

Just an FYI...the throttle stop can be easily removed and replaced by using a 1/4" X 24" long socket extention (sears). I replaced mine in about 2 minutes tops.