YZ 400f exhaust question

I have recently purchased a 99 yz400 and was looking around at exhaust options for it. My question is this, I know most 426 parts can interchange but can some of the 450 exhaust systems do the same? Maybe not completes but maybe just slipons. Also what exhaust systems that I dont have to sell my first born to buy are out there? Thanks!

i had pro circut t-4 on my 400f. heres a vid of me riding and the sound. i sold the full exhaust for $200

I just put a FMF Powerbomb header and Q4 silencer on my 426 - got them from from Fay Meyers on Amazon for just about $400. Perfect fit, good sound, and great low speed driveability. I recommend them.

Can't beat a slip on for a bolt on performance boost and it is easier on the wallet than a full system.

I feel the OEM exhaust is a fine compromise between sound and power. I have found that OEM exhaust has a much better finish after some time on them than almost all aftermarket pipes.

Do a repack and buy a fresh rear tire.But if you have to spend money I really liked the way the Dr D pipe sounded

I feel the OEM exhaust is a fine compromise between sound and power. I have found that OEM exhaust has a much better finish after some time on them than almost all aftermarket pipes.

Do a repack and buy a fresh rear tire.But if you have to spend money I really liked the way the Dr D pipe sounded

I suspect you have never heard how loud the original YZ400/426s were. The stock exhaust is painfully loud on these bikes.

I agree which is why i'm happy with my stock muffler. It's frigin LOUD and I dont need the perf gains I'm happy with the bike the way it is :-) Only reason I ever change my pipe is to make it louder! Finally yamaha did something right.