Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtpkts

2002 YZ426 Rattling Engine Noise

3 posts in this topic

I posted this on the WR page like a NOOB.

So I bought this mostly stock YZ to take lessons on the track and am wondering about this rattle it makes. I made a couple You Tube videos with the noise. Let me know what you think it is.

One video is of me kick starting it and it rattle two times - once in the middle and once at the end of the videos.

The second video is of it running and rattling after shutting it off.

Please let me know your thoughts on what this may be or what to check. Timing chain is tight, valves are within spec., and it doesn't have any blow by or eat oil. Wacky.

My other two bikes were XR400 and currently an 08KTM530EXCr.

Thanks guys,

MtPKtS:banghead:

I posted this on the WR page like a NOOB.

So I bought this mostly stock YZ to take lessons on the track and am wondering about this rattle it makes. I made a couple You Tube videos with the noise. Let me know what you think it is.

One video is of me kick starting it and it rattle two times - once in the middle and once at the end of the videos.

The second video is of it running and rattling after shutting it off.

Please let me know your thoughts on what this may be or what to check. Timing chain is tight, valves are within spec., and it doesn't have any blow by or eat oil. Wacky.

My other two bikes were XR400 and currently an 08KTM530EXCr.

Thanks guys,

MtPKtS:banghead:

IM not 100% sure but im pretty sure mine does that every once in a while... I dont think anything of it. I KNOW my 06 250f did that as well. Nothing bad ever occurred from it.

Dont take this as fact just stating my experience :thumbsup:

Did you ever figure out what it was?  Mine is doing the exact same thing after I switched bottom ends.  The tranny was out on mine so I bought one off ebay.  I had to replace the new bottom end with my kick starter and both side covers.