HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CodyH348

Can I put WR transmission in my 09 YZ450F?

9 posts in this topic

I blew my transmission in my 2009 YZ450F so im getting it rebuilt, but if I can I want to put in a WR transmission because I race desert so I want it to be a little faster, what are all the parts I would need to replace, and what are the parts I could keep. Do the shift forks and shift drumb need to be replaced or are they the same?

haha thankyou sorry I'm new at this thumper talk thing it took all I had just to figure out how to post a measage :thumbsup:

Cool. Just my way of ribbing the newbies. At least you didn't revive a 9 year old post. :thumbsup:

The forks and drum are the same, and so are all the rings, bearings, washers, etc. and the output shaft. The main shaft and the other nine gears are different. The thread contains a detailed parts list.

yeah, are you to? well I was doin alright untill I blew my tranny in the last team race hah at least I had a partner so we finished :thumbsup:

haha thats ok at least your still out their. its the older guys that motivate the yunger guys