04 yz450f kickstart issue

I rebuilt an 04 450 for some kid and now that its back together I cant get the darn kickstarter to budge at all. I kicked it enough to make it run and know it turns over fine. The motor spins over with a ratchet on the flywheel nut even under compression. yet with all of my 200lbs I can not make that kickstarter move. I am not sure where to start looking any help would be great

might be the return spring.i recently took my side case off and tried to put it back on with a new gasket but didn't know there where two hole the end of the spring can go on.i cracked the side case and learnt a expensive lesson,hopefully you just learn a lesson unlike me lol.

i dont get how (I would have assembled it wrong), all I did was touch the top end of the bike. Something Ive done on my own a million times and it turns out perfect each time. I never had the side of the motor apart
An odd coincidence, then. You're still going to have to open it up and diagnose it. The '03's and early '04's did have some problems with the starter. The assembly was upgraded early in '04.

I had the exact same issue with my 04... the actually problem took me months to figure out cause I thought it was the kick stater itself......everything seemed to point that direction, but after some tinkering I found out it was the crank. I guess over time one of the needle bearings wore flat.....hate to say it but you might need a new crank. I had the exact same issue........it would turn over on the flywheel with a wrench.....but eventually it would hit that flat spot again and not kick over........so don't rule it out. You would be able to bump start it.....but with a bad bearing.......it will eventuall be a very bad idea