Enduro Bash Plate for 03 wr450

hello i want too update my skid plate on my wr and was wanting to know witch make is the best. I have the works connection plate but i want one with the ears on it to protect the engine on the sides. I see some that use clips around the frame are these good ones or are there ones out there that just uses the bolts from factory. I see some on ebay that look like they would need some holes drilled in them for cooling and to get the mudd out. Thanks

I've got an 03 that I am running the "Ricochet" skid plate from Rocky Mountain. I don't know how it compares to others but it is pretty thick. It uses claps on the frame. I can't remeber if it uses any of the stock bolt holes or not.(I think it does.)

Anyway, it has saved my case taking a couple of hits that could have been fatal.

My .02

I've got an 03 that I am running the "Ricochet" skid plate from Rocky Mountain. I don't know how it compares to others but it is pretty thick. It uses claps on the frame. I can't remeber if it uses any of the stock bolt holes or not.(I think it does.)

Anyway, it has saved my case taking a couple of hits that could have been fatal.

My .02

+1 for Rocky Mountian. They make basically everyone's for them (Moose, Devol, etc.) and make a good product.

• 1 month later...

Well i bought the GYTR skid plate for my bike and went to bolt it up but it doesnt bottom out when tightening it up. Do you guys put washers or something in there ? Also do you take off the original side ears that bolt to the frame? Thanks