HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverReaper

Exhaust Weight Savings 2010 YZ450F

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anybody had actually weighed their aftermarket exhaust compared to the stock and what the savings were. I'm not looking for a specific exhaust but post up what you found. I'm just trying to gather information before I buy an exhaust. Make sure you post what material your pipe is.

Yosh rs4 Stainless/aluminum./full......Definitely heavier than stock

Yup RS4 yosh slip-on 1.2lbs heavier than stock... But worth every ounce IMHO!

Yup RS4 yosh slip-on 1.2lbs heavier than stock... But worth every ounce IMHO!
Hey Chaz, you got a part number for the 99db insert...isnt it Ins 10 k or something? I need to get one...Just been running it without. Headache.

Hey Chaz, you got a part number for the 99db insert...isnt it Ins 10 k or something? I need to get one...Just been running it without. Headache.

Sorry, I don't. I run without inserts. I think it's not to bad myself. Some guys have suggested that the helmet you wear may make a difference. Or earplugs. Goodluck!:thumbsup:

Sorry, I don't. I run without inserts. I think it's not to bad myself. Some guys have suggested that the helmet you wear may make a difference. Or earplugs. Goodluck!:thumbsup:
People saying performance loss with running it wide open instead of with the endcap insert?????I've been running it with nothing...and now I got the 99db insert so I;ll have to check that out...Part # was INS-10-K. 20 bucks.

And it is a larger diameter than the spark arrestor one the Aluminum can comes stock with. I think if you whacked off the spark arrestor screen..what you would have would look like the 96 db insert..They sell for the rs4

People saying performance loss with running it wide open instead of with the endcap insert?????I've been running it with nothing...and now I got the 99db insert so I;ll have to check that out...Part # was INS-10-K. 20 bucks.

And it is a larger diameter than the spark arrestor one the Aluminum can comes stock with. I think if you whacked off the spark arrestor screen..what you would have would look like the 96 db insert..They sell for the rs4

I cant imagine better performance by plugging up the exaust? I get the noise thing but quiet almost always come at the cost

of performance.

I cant imagine better performance by plugging up the exaust? I get the noise thing but quiet almost always come at the cost

of performance.

I can... Maybe not enough back pressure without the insert? IDK for sure but these things ARE highly tuned. So maybe without an insert it has odd back pressure.

I know someone that had a pipes for his Harley that were actually causeing harm to the motor because they were too short and supplied wrong BP.

Just Sayin... :thumbsup: