HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cz9mm

Brand New 2009 WR450

8 posts in this topic

I just picked up a brand new 2009 WR450 and was looking for some guidence. I removed the throttle stop screw which made a huge difference. What other mods do you suggest? BTW I bought the bike from Pioneer Motorsports in Chaffee, NY for 5,499 and they have more if interested. They were very nice but was a long ride from NJ. Does the grey wire mod do much for the 2009 WR?

I got a 2009 WR450 recently and did all the free mods (throttle stop, grey wire, airbox snorkle, pea shooter) and they definitely make a difference. :thumbsup:

Doing the Grey wire mod does help, some. It's not like night or day, but is noticeable. Now, on the other hand, doing all of the mod's like Paul mentioned, and that is like night versus day!!!! And I've got to add one more to the list as well. I personally think the JD jet kit is nearly a must-do also!!! Maniac

When you say remove the throttle stop, are you completely removing it or replacing it with different screw. I was told at the dealship to replace the screw with a different one, but I hear everybody talking about removing it.

When you say remove the throttle stop, are you completely removing it or replacing it with different screw. I was told at the dealship to replace the screw with a different one, but I hear everybody talking about removing it.
not safe to not have one....

I removed it and replaced it with a YZ throttle stop screw pn-5JG-14591-00-00

the cdi is mapped for the factory throttle stop... once you put a yz stop in there the grey wire mod is supposed to make all the difference...

I have not done the grey wire for my 450 yet but did do it for my 2002 426 and realy didn't notice any difference so I may not bother doing it. Removing the trottle stop screw and replacing with the YZ is like night and day. The bike has now got way more power and is quite.