HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wags450

IMS tank with WR P/C on 08450

5 posts in this topic

When I searched I have seen a lot of guys say that if you run the IMS large capacity tank you need an older pc so that it faces the correct way.

What Im wondering is if I put a 05 WR pc on my IMS tank will I gain a reserve? Just curious if thats the way to go instead of mounting it backwards and getting a longer fuel line.

What Im wondering is if I put a 05 WR pc on my IMS tank will I gain a reserve? Just curious if thats the way to go instead of mounting it backwards and getting a longer fuel line.

If you put a pre 07+ WR450 petcock assembly on an 06+ IMS YZ450f tank (confussing I know :cheers:), YES you will have a petcock that faces rearward towards the carb and YES you will have a reserve. (see below for example)

To make is simple, the part number you want to order is: 2GU 24500-02-00

PB090032.jpg

Haha your the one that originally gave me the idea when I did a search on it I just didnt know if it would work the same with the YZ tank. Thanks for the reply and that is a nice looking bike.

How do you keep the black so scratch free?

Haha your the one that originally gave me the idea when I did a search on it I just didnt know if it would work the same with the YZ tank. Thanks for the reply and that is a nice looking bike.

How do you keep the black so scratch free?

The picture above is with a YZ tank on the WR...

Clean...that picture was taken when the bike was brand new never ridden :cheers:

Oh man I knew it was either too good to be true or you paint it every time you ride