IMS tank with WR P/C on 08450

When I searched I have seen a lot of guys say that if you run the IMS large capacity tank you need an older pc so that it faces the correct way.

What Im wondering is if I put a 05 WR pc on my IMS tank will I gain a reserve? Just curious if thats the way to go instead of mounting it backwards and getting a longer fuel line.

What Im wondering is if I put a 05 WR pc on my IMS tank will I gain a reserve? Just curious if thats the way to go instead of mounting it backwards and getting a longer fuel line.

If you put a pre 07+ WR450 petcock assembly on an 06+ IMS YZ450f tank (confussing I know :cheers:), YES you will have a petcock that faces rearward towards the carb and YES you will have a reserve. (see below for example)

To make is simple, the part number you want to order is: 2GU 24500-02-00

PB090032.jpg

Haha your the one that originally gave me the idea when I did a search on it I just didnt know if it would work the same with the YZ tank. Thanks for the reply and that is a nice looking bike.

How do you keep the black so scratch free?

Haha your the one that originally gave me the idea when I did a search on it I just didnt know if it would work the same with the YZ tank. Thanks for the reply and that is a nice looking bike.

How do you keep the black so scratch free?

The picture above is with a YZ tank on the WR...

Clean...that picture was taken when the bike was brand new never ridden :cheers:

Oh man I knew it was either too good to be true or you paint it every time you ride