HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodsrider299

2003 yz450 woods weapon?

3 posts in this topic

i am interested in buying a 2003 yz450 that looks to be in mint condition. i was wondering if it would would be a good hare scramble bike after making all the necessary modifications for off eastern off road racing/riding? i do race 250B and i am a big guy so i can handle aggressive power.

I'm sure it could be made into a good hare scramble bike, but a 250 2 stroke might be more what you're looking for. If you do get the 450, i think a flywheel weight and different gearing would help a lot. I'm sure you know of the other things that you'd need for a good woods weapon.

i have an '03 YZ450F and i pretty much only ride trails. The problem i used to have with my bike is i would stall all the time in the slow tight turns or up steep rock hill climbs. I would also suffer serious arm pump in my left arm from having to constantly use the clutch. I just purchased a Rekluse z-Start Pro and I no longer stall my bike trail riding and I no longer suffer arm pump. I think my bike NOW is a much better trail bike than before.