non stock front axle help yz426

obiously the previous owner changed my front axle. I cant seen to see why the axle wont come out. The "axle nut" on the disk brake side is round, so how the heck am i supposed to get it off? any ideas? anyone seen this before? thanks for your help

axle2.jpg

axle.jpg

-Jeremy

anyone?!?!? any ideas are better than none

anyone?!?!? any ideas are better than none

Did you try to just turn it and see if it'll come off? I would try plumbers wrench and channel locks. Have you tried either?

EDIT: Replace it with stock parts!

Edited by YamahaDoc

Yeah, a pipe wrench should work on that round nut. Then, when you get it off replace it with a stock nut.

ya, i tried channel locks, but it still doesn't want to come off. just spins in the "nut" I'll try soaking it in liquid wrench over night and try again tomorow

ya, i tried channel locks, but it still doesn't want to come off. just spins in the "nut" I'll try soaking it in liquid wrench over night and try again tomorow

Is the shaft spinning inside the nut, and not backing out? Or is the nut spinning in the Channel locks? If its the first... Got a cut off wheel?

i got it....liquid wrench soaked in, channel locked it, and hit it w/ the impact gun. Thanks guys