Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fireball722

honda steering damper

8 posts in this topic

No to part one of your question, although there was a thread on this for what I think was a 2010. As to part two, the ECM has a tip-over sensor in it, and needs to be in as near the original orientation as possible. This was discovered by the gentleman who did the post on the damper , who couldn't get his bike started after the move.

I don't know how the ride engineering relocated ECU works? What is it attached to? I moved mine to the right side of the frame spare, works fine there but like grayracer said you need to pay attention to the positioning of the ECU or else it will only start and run for 10seconds then automatically shutdown.

thanks guy's , anything to check in particular if I put it in the right side of the bike , will it work this way ?

The first thing I did to my Honda was ditch the worthless OE steering damper , and move the Scott's over from my Yamaha.

In the original CRF mounting configuration, the Honda damper does little-to-nothing close to center (where you traditionally want damping). It only really has any effect when the bars are turned significantly from center. So depending on what you're attempting to use it for, I should think you'd want it re-valved and/or mounted in a different manner.