HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddonaldson6

can I get a deeper sound out of my 08 YZ450F?

8 posts in this topic

Ok guys, I have always bees a street guy so forgive the noobish question.. I picked up a used 08 yz450f with a fmf4.1, megabomb header already installed. Is it possible to get a deeper sound from the bike? I hear some of these 450s and they are very deep, throaty rumbles.. Mine sounds like a 250 on roids! Thanks for looking!

D

Are you more concerned how your bike runs or how it sounds? The FMF system you have is very good as far as performance goes. Some of the older systems from White Bros and Big Gun had a booming exhaust note but they would also make your ears bleed after a while.

the performance is and will always be the goal, i was just wondering if i could get a deeper sound if i added an insert..

the performance is and will always be the goal, i was just wondering if i could get a deeper sound if i added an insert..

The quiet insert from FMF will do just that....make it quieter.

This should make it sound 'deeper'.

Cardboard_box_boy_-_head.jpg

1 person likes this

Bikes sound different from when you ride one and when you hear someone else riding one. Let someone else take your bike for a spin and see what it sounds like.

Bikes sound different from when you ride one and when you hear someone else riding one. Let someone else take your bike for a spin and see what it sounds like.

+1 i thought my bike was really quiet until I switched bikes one day and realized mine was way louder than i thought when someone was riding it by me

Ok guys, I have always bees a street guy so forgive the noobish question.. I picked up a used 08 yz450f with a fmf4.1, megabomb header already installed. Is it possible to get a deeper sound from the bike? I hear some of these 450s and they are very deep, throaty rumbles.. Mine sounds like a 250 on roids! Thanks for looking!

D

yes....repack it.