HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mxpro2698

04 YZ450F starting issue?

3 posts in this topic

I bought an 04 yz450f from a friend. It had been sitting for a while so i did a complete service on it (oil, filters, plug, ect.)I also completly cleaned out the carb and jetsand removed old fuel. Took it out and it ran and started great all day. Went to go ride the next day and now it won't start. If i put the choke on and pump the gas a few times it will start for a second and then die. I assumed this was from the acelerator pump injecting the small amount of fuel. If i spray a little bit of starting fluid in it it will run for a few moments and then die. Sounds like a fuel issue so i took apart the carb and cleaned everything again. Still have the same results? The compression seams to be good and all. I am used to 2 strokes so this has me just confused now!!!!

Did you happen to remove the fuel screw? If so did you make sure the spring, washer and O ring were put back correctly?

the one in the bottom front of the carb?, if so yes, it has an after market one but i cleaned it checked the o-ring and put it back in to about 2 turns out.and yes the spring is still there