07 yz450f piston life time

thats pretty stupid. no one needs to replace a piston if the bike has under 50 hours...EVER

I know, but he asked what was "recommended".... I've never touched the valves or changed a piston on a yz....crf's are another story. :cheers:

I know, but he asked what was "recommended".... I've never touched the valves or changed a piston on a yz....crf's are another story. :cheers:

very true!

Take your routine somewhere else:

That just made me laugh:busted:

If you go by the manual, you should replace the piston every 12.5 hours on a 2010, i don't know what the other years manual says, but i had an 08 with over 120 hrs on it, stock piston, that ran as good as a new bike, changing oil and filter every 6 hours, and air filter every ride...also a breather tube reroute. :cheers:

The manual for my '04 says to inspect the piston every fifth race or 1000km (yeah, sounds weird to me too), replace as needed. I think if I keep the air filter clean and the oil fresh, the YZ will out live me!

Over 400 hrs on an 09 and counting

Over 400 hrs on an 09 and counting

:cheers: Is that all on the same engine internals?

:ride: Is that all on the same engine internals?

My thoughts exactly! And counting until what? Are you just trying to see how long it will go before a catastrophic failure???? :cheers: