WR Manual PDF Security Password

I downloaded the manual for my '06 WR450 a while back from the Yamaha site listed here. Great manual but I want to delete the other language pages to make it easier to peruse and also when I need to print a couple of pages. Plus, it should trim it down close to have the total number of pages.

The full version of Acrobat allows for page deletion but the document itself has security enabled. Both versions of the files I have are the same in that aspect. I found a program that will strip the password but it leaves a big red watermark on each page until you buy the program for $60.

Any ideas?

Thanks

if you are using a Mac, you have the capability to simply "print to pdf". Open your document, choose the page range and "print to pdf".

If you're using windows you can download cutePDF from www.cutepdf.com. This will create a virtual PDF printer that you can choose when printing a document.

if you are using a Mac, you have the capability to simply "print to pdf". Open your document, choose the page range and "print to pdf".

If you're using windows you can download cutePDF from www.cutepdf.com. This will create a virtual PDF printer that you can choose when printing a document.

Thanks for the info but the manual is already a PDF. Btw, Word 2007 and up will allow you to send a document as a PDF attachment (at least on the Windows version).

What I want to do is delete the foreign language pages in the PDF manual. Since the manual PDF file is security protected, deleting pages is not allowed.

I was suggesting printing only the pages you want to a PDF file. If it's english from page 1-29 and spanish from 30-50. Only print pages 1-29 to a new pdf file

Edited by bhickey72
fat fingered

Why go through deleting the other Lang. when you can download the english only version? Download this program to unlock the doc and u r good to go!

http://download.cnet.com/A-PDF-Restrictions-Remover/3000-10743_4-10598299.html

Both copies I found to download were the same, multi-language protected files. The link you gave me worked like a charm. Three other programs left water marks after processing.

I was suggesting printing only the pages you want to a PDF file. If it's english from page 1-29 and spanish from 30-50. Only print pages 1-29 to a new pdf file

I wish it were that easy but they are every other page. Deleting every other page won't be that quick but it will do the job.

Thanks all for the help. :cheers:

Contact Yamaha, though they will not provide it. It is that way for a reason. I think the AU site does not have the protection on it, though I coud be wrong.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/support/faq/i-wish-to-obtain-an-ownersoperators-manual-for-my-unit

This link is the same manual that I already have. Thanks anyway though.

How'd ya do it? Feel free to send me a PM :cheers:

I'll send you a PM. Once you remove the security, it was really easy as long as you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader).

better yet, he could PM us with his "finished" product, it's only a few MB's.

No problem. I still need to correct all the bookmark links from the table of contents. I'd be more than happy to email it out when I'm done. Start PMing me your email addy with "manual" as the subject and when I get it finished, I'll send copies out. :ride:

Since it is a free download from the Yamaha source and I won't be profiting financially from it, there should be no problem with that as far as violating any TT forum rules and regs. If so admins, please let me know. I don't want to get put into time out. ?

No, what you are doing is OK as long as you make no money from it.

Please, anyone who wants it, please make your request via PM.

Carl: I suggest putting the manual on a server some place like on MediaFire, then yu can just send people the link and if you want, post the link in this thread and let people click/fetch it on their own.

No, what you are doing is OK as long as you make no money from it.

Please, anyone who wants it, please make your request via PM.

Carl: I suggest putting the manual on a server some place like on MediaFire, then yu can just send people the link and if you want, post the link in this thread and let people click/fetch it on their own.

Thanks William. Good idea too, I'll look into that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...