HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

Spring rate question

4 posts in this topic

I have a chance to buy some stiffer fork springs. They are .47 kg/mm and I really need to go as stiff as I can since Im 238 lbs.

Question.

Does anyone think they will make a big difference since I am arleady running stock 99 YZ400 springs in my WR? (.46kg/mm I think)

I dont really want to waste a bunch of money unless they will really help.

I checked the archive and someone said WR's are .42kg/mm? Is that right?

Please advise, I hate to pass up on this deal if they would work better for me.

p.s. I ride B class and ride mostly rocky, rough, terrain.

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Enduro Heaven

milkman

i could be wrong but the springs on the 98/99 were a bit soft at about 42 or 43. i weigh 200lb's & the 46's i fitted in my '99er are great-correction perfect!

if you have a 99 you have 42 springs so the jump to 47's will be great. you may wish you had one weight up but i would save the money & take these.

good luck.

Taffy

Darin,

I replaced my fork springs a long time ago - .48s if I remember correctly. I tip the scales at 250 - you should be fine with the .47s

Brian

I agree, I cant go wrong with a heavier spring, but do you think .1 kg is really going to make that much of a difference? (Remember Ive been running stock YZ springs .46)

Seems like my forks are still pretty harsh in rocks and roots. (frequent bottoming)

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Enduro Heaven