HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattyz426f

YZ426 won't roll backward in neutral...

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys Im new to ThumperTalk but not to bikes but I have an issue that has got me stumped...

Went riding yesterday on my 2001 426 It has a little work done (cam mod exhaust , yadda yadda, the usual) and when i went to pull it off the trailer at home (1st time I had gone backward since pulling it off at the beginning of the ride) it acted like it was stuck in gear but it wasn't... Ive checked the chain and sprockets, pulled the wheel and the drive sprocket still does the same thing, rolls backward about hald a turn and stops as if it is in gear. If i gently bump it by hand it will get past where it is hanging up. I draned the oil to check for shavings andit looked great not burnt or dirty at all... anybody got a clue!!!!!?????

Remove the chain and try it again. If it rolls freely it's inside the cases. If it hangs up, it's in the rear wheel or the chain somewhere. It could be that you had a stick stuck in the sprocket, or it has bad wheel bearings. Pull the chain first, that's the cheapest test you can do.