Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz450fcranker

Yz450f swingarm removal

6 posts in this topic

How do i get the swingarm off the bike its a 2009 yz450f i looked at the manuals but it just shows when the swingarm is off the bike not removal i have taken off the rear tire brake etc but now i still have the rear shock on and the swingarm not knowing where to start removing bolts help please

remove subframe... 4 bolts I think, plus loosen airboot/carb connection

remove shock....... top is easy, then remove bolt below where it connects to linkage.

Remove swingarm nut and push swiingarm bolt out with an appropriate tool. I prefer to tap on it with a brass drift and a rubber mallet, anything beyond this and you run the rick of ruining the swingarm bolt.

I think this is the jist of it, pretty easy really.

Removing the shock isnt neccesary. Remove the bolt that holds the linkage to the swingarm. Thats how i did it.

Edited by ttr250dude

Removing the shock isnt neccesary. Remove the linkage that holds the linkage to the swingarm. Thats how i did it.

Yep...what he says

Removing the shock isnt neccesary. Remove the bolt that holds the linkage to the swingarm. Thats how i did it.

One way or other, you have to either take the lower shock bolt out, or disconnect the linkage from the frame to get the swing arm past the shock. The linkage needs greasing, anyway.

yes thanks to all now i only need a 19mm socket and- remove the lower shock bolt from linkage thats what i saw it needs ill be surprised if its easier in daylight thanks all