Freakin thief I tell you!

Okay, so some of you know I recently got an 03 4Runner and just took my bike out with it for the first time.

To start with, I had to get a different adapter than the typical 4 pin plugs we all have used. The new 4Runner's have a round socket type outlet. So this past Saturday after work, I run to Uhaul to get an adapter. Cool, drove home and then started working on my tongue (for trailer silly).

Come to find out, Toyota didn't give my a 2"ball. What up with that? I tried to use the one off my old 4Runner but the diameter screw is too small for the new tongue. Shoooot! Back to Uhaul to purchase a ball. No biggie right? Well now to the point:

I am on my way home from Cisco's after our ride and great BBQ and stop on side of road to check to see if my plug came out and if my lights were working at all. Then I noticed....

MY FREAKIN LICENSE PLATE HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF!!!! That sucks ! I am not sure when it happened or where. The license plate is one of the new 5 year kind without any sticker on it. I doubt it was stolen at my house as I have another trailer out front with the same kind of plate.

That must mean one of our fellow riders chose to "borrow" my plate for EVER!!!! Either at Foresthill or Stony OHV.

I hate DMV and am not looking forward to wasting a couple of hours to get my plate replaced. Not to mention it will probably cost me a bit of $.

THIEFS SUCK! ?

Fryboy

SOB's! ?

That ticks ME off just reading it. Just once, I wish someone would catch the theives doing this crap.

Stolen liscence plate's seem to be getting more popular all the time.

Makes me think about drilling thru the plate holder frame and putting nylock nuts on the backsides.

At least that would make it a bit harder to try and get off.

Hope they get caught and you get em back.

Oh, and my condolences for having to go to the DMV.

Jerry Sienfeld said it best "Have you been down there latley? Its like a leper colony!" :D

I confess dave

Blue one took it, he lost his for the bike trailer. I was telling him the story about how me and power puke paul when we were kids took the front license plate off of a neighbors car and stuck it on our make shift trailer.

Dang that plate is still on the trailer for all I know.

Well Bill got that funny look in his eyes, you know that look Dave! then one just before he grins and everyones eyes starts to burn real bad. And any bird that flies by drops dead immediately

Ya That look

That is a bummer

My trailer plate was stolen earlier this year and a friend had his stolen just last week. And get this, right after his was stolen the cops tagged it for tow. It cost us both around two hours at the DMV. Our DMV is great for people watching but I was excited about the fact that I was finally able to do everthing online until my plate was missing. I am not a violent person but is some low life piece of s**t MF steals another things from me and I catch them..... I just hope I will be able to control myself.

I confess dave

Blue one took it, he lost his for the bike trailer. I was telling him the story about how me and power puke paul when we were kids took the front license plate off of a neighbors car and stuck it on our make shift trailer.

Dang that plate is still on the trailer for all I know.

Well Bill got that funny look in his eyes, you know that look Dave! then one just before he grins and everyones eyes starts to burn real bad. And any bird that flies by drops dead immediately

Ya That look

That is a bummer

Ego whats ? up why ya gotta narc me out. :D I must confess i did take a plate :D It was the green sticker from ego's bike.He hasn't noticed yet cause his bike sits in the garage and looks pretty. :D

Dave

That sucks that someone stole your plate. :D It shouldn't be to hard to get another plate.Hopefully it won't be to much time.

I have no idea when it was taken. Come on? How many of you look at your plate everytime you hook up your trailer? I take it for granted that it will be there. It was strapped on there pretty good with 12gauge wire. Someone had to have taken some time to do it.

Probably was Stony. I wonder if I had it on for the TT ride? Maybe Georgetown? Damn I dunno.

Fryboy

Here is some suggestion to prevent a next time. If you have a welder, put a couple of tacks to weld the nut to the bolt, use phillips screws to attatch the plate and drill out the center, use a razor blade and cut slices through the sticker preventing it from coming off in any large pieces. Make it the least bit difficult and they should avoid it, thieves are obviously lazy people.

I thought for sure the great state of California would have "plickers", you know a plate as a sticker! It is lifetime deal for the trailer which is a good deal. I was worried about someone pealing it off but when it is warm they stick good. It is when it gets 20 below that I wonder if the adhesive will hold up.

Sorry to hear about you plate.

Okay, so some of you know I recently got an 03 4Runner and just took my bike out with it for the first time.

To start with, I had to get a different adapter than the typical 4 pin plugs we all have used. The new 4Runner's have a round socket type outlet. So this past Saturday after work, I run to Uhaul to get an adapter. Cool, drove home and then started working on my tongue (for trailer silly).

Yeah, this is the 7way RV plug, you have a 4 pin connector in your glove box, you splice this to your electric brake contoller color for color. There is an adapter that plugs into your 7 way and converts it to 4 way flat pole type. OK, you dont need it if you dont pull anything with electric brakes, but one of those big toyhaulers will require this :D

Come to find out, Toyota didn't give my a 2"ball. What up with that? I tried to use the one off my old 4Runner but the diameter screw is too small for the new tongue. Shoooot! Back to Uhaul to purchase a ball. No biggie right? Well now to the point:

Yeah, no ball, they dont know what you plan on towing, so they leave that up to you. The larger shank is better, you need these for 5000 lbs (class III and IV)and if you wanted to use the smaller shank in your receiver hitch, you can buy a collar, some will come with the collar. You may have had a 3500 lb rated one (class II)

I am on my way home from Cisco's after our ride and great BBQ and stop on side of road to check to see if my plug came out and if my lights were working at all. Then I noticed....

MY FREAKIN LICENSE PLATE HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF!!!! That sucks ! I am not sure when it happened or where. The license plate is one of the new 5 year kind without any sticker on it. I doubt it was stolen at my house as I have another trailer out front with the same kind of plate.

That must mean one of our fellow riders chose to "borrow" my plate for EVER!!!! Either at Foresthill or Stony OHV.

I hate DMV and am not looking forward to wasting a couple of hours to get my plate replaced. Not to mention it will probably cost me a bit of $.

THIEFS SUCK! ?

Fryboy

Fryboy, sorry to hear about that. Hey, if you have any Toyota questions, PM me, I'm kinda handy with these things. :D

Honestly it sucks but if you onle had it held on w/wire there is a chance it fell off ?

Blue, I have done the same thing with my boat trailer for years. The reason I went to the wire is I kept breaking off the plate if/when I would back down launch ramp and hit the curb with it. This has never failed me! I still have the original wire on my boat trailer from 10 years ago. If you would have ever noticed how I had it wired on, the only chance it had of falling off is with a pair of wire cutters.

Shot your theory down ! :D

Fryboy

SOB's! ?

That ticks ME off just reading it. Just once, I wish someone would catch the theives doing this crap.

Do your part to nab theives and it will get back to you some day. Just yeasterday I learned a Raptor quad that was stolen from a kid behind my house last weekend was recovered. Some little juvie narks truned the location into the local cops after making a deal to have fines droped and not only that , turns out the theives were going to trade the quad for like a pound of pot so now the theives and the dealers are going to get stung when the deal goes down tomorrow :D So the little punks will get hit for the theft and the dope,,, :D can you say, see-ya! Say hi to bubba the back door pirate when you see him! Suckaaazz!

See, dont you feel a little better already? :D