HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RyJames

Petcock Leaking After Re & Re

5 posts in this topic

Just reinstalled my petcock tonight after doing a pre-season tank flush along with an oil change and carb cleanup. I've never had any problems with the petccock until I reinstalled it and added a little fresh fuel to check for leaks. It's dripping out pretty good. I was wondering if anyone uses RTV or anything like that as backup when installing their petcock. Thanks.

Got the new gasket at the local bike shop. Luckily he just happened to have a couple laying around. I paid over $4 for this little gasket... But it fixed my problem!

Luckily he just happened to have a couple laying around.
He had it because it fits every YZ and WR made for the last 12 years except the EFI bikes.

He had it because it fits every YZ and WR made for the last 12 years except the EFI bikes.

Yea, well he's not a Yamaha dealer or anything. Just a good independant shop that services all makes and models. I think he might've said this gasket also fits some Kawi models.